Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well crashed my TT, ugh. I just have seatbelt bruises and some airbag burns.
Made claim with insurance . Waiting on them.
Hit a bump then a wet spot on freeway as suspension was loading back up and started spinning down the road. Bounced off some things in the spins. Guard rails and a light truck.
I just had the car painted. Looking for some insight on what to do.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Sorry to hear this. The most important thing is that you’re fine and that no one else was hurt. And hopefully your car can be repaired.

·
iSPOOL
1,400 Posts
Glad you're mostly in tact and alright!

Do you plan to repair the car?
If it were my car I would definitely have it repaired since it doesn't look too bad. Hopefully your insurance understands the value of Supras and will cut you a check for all the damaged parts.

Make a price list of everything you see damaged so when an adjuster comes in you can ensure they don't miss anything.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Sorry to hear that.
Glad you are OK.

That looks repairable. Good luck.

·
Administrator
8,804 Posts
Sucks man, glad you're alright. You'll have to get creative on your own for own for some of those parts since some of that stuff is discontinued and not easily found at parts yard, ie. Rear bumper.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking for comps on replacement price now. Insurance is going to pick up on wednesday and take it to IAA in portland for evaluation. I have no need to settle this quick with insurance. Going to get over the emotional sadness first. Restoration shop that did the respray said he could repair. I sent him pictures. Just have to decide how deep I would want to get into this rebuild financially. Or just get out of the game, get my self a cheap grocery getter and call it done.

·
...pop the hood!
948 Posts
hate to this...glad your ok.

any engine damage? is it drivable?

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
Damn wet roads. Sucks man. I hope you can work it out.

Steve

·
Registered
1987 MA71 R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
536 Posts
One of my relatives did something very similar to his way back in the early 2000s, right into a freeway wall. Sorry to hear!

·
JetFire
5,383 Posts
Glad you're ok sorry to see the damage on the car. I would say explore all options with insurance first before making a decision.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
Man that sucks. Glad you're okay.
I'm no expert, but that car looks totaled to me.
Keep us all updated on what the insurance offers are, and also if you can, share with us what sort of coverage you have and who the provider is.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,671 Posts
Man that sucks. Glad you're okay.
I'm no expert, but that car looks totaled to me.
Keep us all updated on what the insurance offers are, and also if you can, share with us what sort of coverage you have and who the provider is.

Thanks.
Yes it is..... a 26 yr old car with quarter damage and blown bags, let alone what's pushed in the front. Low to no readily available parts.

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
816 Posts
You always have the option to buy it back from insurance after they total it (assuming that’s what they’ll do). For pretty cheap usually. Then you can either stay in the game by using funds you get from insurance to repair m or part it out and use both funds to find another car or into another MKIV.

Hit me up if you have any questions as I’ve been through the process.

·
Registered
903 Posts
glad your ok, I imagine that was scary. bet they total it and plan to get their $$ back via increased rates for 7 years. did smokey stop by and cite you (failure to control, unsafe lane deviation, etc) ?

·
Administrator
8,804 Posts
That damage isn't really that bad TBH repair wise. Just really the bumper and that front passenger frame rail and apron. If you still want the car don't let insurance disuade you, i've seen much worse get repaired back to OEM spec.

Bags are a dime a dozen on the used market, need new crash sensors and airbag ecu, again that stuff isn't hard to come by.

If you don't want to own a supra I guess thats what you need to decide and if you didn't have declared value insurance on your car then it sounds like replacement value will be tough to argue.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm finding only parts not available are the plastic bumper covers. Glass, hood, fenders , front bumper support, front bumper foam thing. all available direct from toyota of all places. Toyota did say they were going to support MKIV parts again.
Also have a line on some front clips if necessary to keep costs down. Most of the rebuild will be labor since I don't have a shop. I could do all the mechanical/electrical myself after the body gets straightened out.

·
Administrator
8,804 Posts
front bumper support is disco i believe.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts