Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
LS WON
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I power my radio off while the engine is running the antenna does not go down. The only time it ever goes down is if the engine is off. Anybody know whats wrong w/ it?

·
Registered
399 Posts
You probably just have the antenna power wire connected to a 12v/ignition wire. Your headunit should have an antenna power wire that controls whether the antenna goes up or down (up for tuner mode, down for everything else). I think the wire is blue/white but don't quote me on that, go to www.installdr.com and you'll find what color you need. Hope this helps!

·
LS WON
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SofaKingFast said:
You probably just have the antenna power wire connected to a 12v/ignition wire. Your headunit should have an antenna power wire that controls whether the antenna goes up or down (up for tuner mode, down for everything else). I think the wire is blue/white but don't quote me on that, go to www.installdr.com and you'll find what color you need. Hope this helps!
Thanks.:bigok:

·
Registered
730 Posts
if the headunit harness does not have an antenna lead, use the remote turn on lead and then run your amp wire to the fuse box and use a switch to turn it on. also, you can split the remote turn on wire. These solutions will bring the antenna down only when the headunit is off though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts