Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright . . . I seem to get varied results in my car's acceleration! Some days, winter or summer, my car is very responsive and if I press on the gas just a tiny bit it gives great torque and other days I feel there has to be something wrong! At both instances my boost guage reads the same, it normally shoots up to about 15psi and then steadly creeps up to around 18psi.

I did a boost leak test a month ago (pressurizing the intake) but I had a huge leak at the oil cap, which is very weird! I then blocked off the crank case vent that goes to the intake and put a crank case vent filter with a oil catch and I also got a new PVC valve. I did the boost leak test again and I seemed to hear air coming out from the EGR recirculation canister (the green canister). A while back I disabled the EGR system using the resitor and it seems that there maybe a boost leak there, but I actually replaced this canister after the first test, thinking it was messed up or something, but I still hear air at this spot and the pressure will not go above 10psi while pressurizing the intake and it drops really quick. Is there any way to remove the EGR green canister? Or am I doing something wrong with my test or do you think that this is where my problem is?

Also a while back I swithced to TTC on my BPU++ FMIC and after about 30minutes of driving my check engine light came on and so I switched back to sequential and it never came on again! Could this be related? I think I did the mod right, after all it is pretty easy and it was in TTC, atleast it felt like it! Could I of messed up the mod(used wrong vacuum line) and still maybe made TTC but just not the best or recommended way?

I am worried b/c someone told me that my seals could be screwed up (or the PVC valve) which may cause the boost leak at my oil cap. Even after I capped off intake side of where the crank case vent went to, and then added the crank case vent filter and oil catch can, I still heard air coming out of the crank case vent filter! So I disconnected that too and then capped the crank case vent on both the main body and the intake side. Then I still was not able to hold the pressure!

So this tells me its more than one thing goin on here but I am not sure. Ant help on both subjects would be greatly appreciated

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Shit . . . I knew I was going to be THAT guy! Anyone even have a clue what my problems are :( . This is really bugging me!

Another easy question, if my boost guage sees 20psi of boost and from what I read, this boost may not be making it through the turbos (or something like that, excuse my ignorance), but how can I see the boost in my guage but not actually be receiving it? Because if I do have a leak, then everything is not air tight and hence shouldn't I not see the 20psi?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts