Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just yesterday my car started idleing higher than normal like 300-400rpm's higher. Also when I depress the clutch to change gears the idle shoots up?

Car is still very strong but its freaking me out! I have not had a chance to diagnose it but I'm thinking the TB plate/wire /actuator may be sticking, has anyone else encounter'd this?

Gtegg

·
Banned
291 Posts
i dont know if its the same for supras or not, but i had the same exact problem on my 97 honda prelude. what happend was my Idle Air Control Valve or IAC had gone bad. what i did was take apart my TB and take out the IAC Valve, reversed it. and put it back in. and everything worked fine.
i highly doubt the same fix will work on the supra, but im just saying that it sounds like something to do with the TB

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input as it helps to give me an idea as what to check into.

Thanks bud,
Gregg

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
try forcing the TB to shut all the way or snap the throttle, my friends cobra was having the same problem, sanded the throttle blade where it was binding and problem went away... could be throttle body opening, IACV, or vacuum leak.

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Craziest thing as on the way to work this morning the car went back to idleing normal!

·
Banned
291 Posts
texasmr2 said:
Craziest thing as on the way to work this morning the car went back to idleing normal!
might have something to dowith the heat. try running your car at night when its cooler and see if it does it again

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I drive to work at 6am so it was cool this morning. The 1st half of the drive it idled high then just went back to normal. Also my temp never fluctuated past 212 degree's. On the way home today, I just got layed off, it was fine also.

I let you know if it does it again tonight.

·
TC Motorsports
404 Posts
Maybe a bad TPS sensor also. I would think it is either the TPS sensor or the IAC.

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the high idle crap started again this morning wtf??????? Is there a way to check the idle control valve like by voltage etc etc?

I'm no longer working at the Toyota dealership so access to a quick diagnostic is not viable.

Thanks,
Gregg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts