Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys i sold the Mk3 again it just needed way to much work for me to handle while im in school but im looking into getting a cressida, i found a few in miami im going monday to look at i just wanted to know if anyone had some pics of theirs ? i remember a while back they were doing some sic 1j/2j swaps and i never saw anything from them again . the ones im going to look at are 90+ 5spd under 100k so i think they could be a wise investment. thnx

-fox
 

·
7MGTE CRESSIDA PWR!!!
Joined
·
780 Posts
What are you talking about? I am confused? Are you looking for a modfied Cressida? Cause the x83 never came stock with a 5-speed. Goodluck with your search...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
im just looking for pictures of some peoples swaps and i called this place off of autotrader that has a '90 and i aske about the mileage and they told me 98k and i asked auto/manu. and they told me it was 5spd so idk , and ill be the first top admit i know zip bout cressys and any additional info would be greatly appreciated


-fox


btw here it was , i called today and who ever this gentlemen that i spoke with today told me it was 5spd now wether they have more then one or not im not sure but heres the site


http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...007&start_year=1981&isp=y&lang=en&cardist=180
 

·
7MGTE CRESSIDA PWR!!!
Joined
·
780 Posts
I highly doubt thats a 5-speed given he installed a remote start... If he did do the 5-speed conversion though, then yea it would be a 5-speed. If your looking to buy a Turbo Cress let me know. I am trying to sell mine...
 

·
*SNICKER SNICKER*
Joined
·
725 Posts
Are you looking to buy one swapped?

Grip Industries here in Melbourne, FL has a 1990 Cressida, coming up for sale with a 1JZ-GTE engine.

321-446-6644 or http://www.grip-industries.com for more information.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Push said:
I highly doubt thats a 5-speed given he installed a remote start... If he did do the 5-speed conversion though, then yea it would be a 5-speed. If your looking to buy a Turbo Cress let me know. I am trying to sell mine...
Why would you doubt the remote start? If you have to leave the car in neutral for your turbo timer why NOT install a remote start.... just bypass the clutch starter wire...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
I've got a 1978 Cressida if you want it :D

My grandma bought it brand new back in the day. It's just been sitting in the garage for 15 years with a new paint job and everything. Maybe it's time for a sleeper motor swap...
 

·
Iridium Member
Joined
·
192 Posts
Theres quite a few 1jz/2jz Cressidas rolling around down here, badass sleepers. They never came 5 speed but the swap is pretty straight forward. I know there is a difference with the crossmember in different years but im pretty sure it can be swapped out easily.
 

·
*SNICKER SNICKER*
Joined
·
725 Posts
KNanthrup said:
I've got a 1978 Cressida if you want it :D

My grandma bought it brand new back in the day. It's just been sitting in the garage for 15 years with a new paint job and everything. Maybe it's time for a sleeper motor swap...
The MK1 Cressidas, when done right are the sweetest looking sedan IMO. I saw one about a year ago on Ebay, it was a 79 model, green in color, with 5 star chrome spoke wheels, just slightly lowered, tinted wheels, and a 7M-GTE swap. It looked just like a Jaguar! (that is a compliment). That Cressida was hawt!

BTW: How many miles are on this car?
 

·
*SNICKER SNICKER*
Joined
·
725 Posts
gLok said:
Theres quite a few 1jz/2jz Cressidas rolling around down here, badass sleepers. They never came 5 speed but the swap is pretty straight forward. I know there is a difference with the crossmember in different years but im pretty sure it can be swapped out easily.
Any MX83/JZX83's that are 5 Speeds, are converted/swapped. Also, any MX83s (89-92) have the proper crossmember for a 1JZ/2JZ swap. The only difference, is the Cressida requires a front sump oil pan to get around the crossmember, unlike the Supras and Soarers (SC300's).

I mean who expects Grandpa's Cressida to be smoking most V8's on the streets?

Also only the latest generation MX83's didn't come with a 5 speed option. Previous generations did have that in certain years as an option from the factory.

My Cressida is my daily, and I love it.
 
G

·
Push said:
I highly doubt thats a 5-speed given he installed a remote start... If he did do the 5-speed conversion though, then yea it would be a 5-speed. If your looking to buy a Turbo Cress let me know. I am trying to sell mine...
Don't talk so much
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top