Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone knows where i can find the front and read crossed drill rotors for a good price..?and is it really worth it or should i just buy regular rotors.?

·
Dagger OCHO
790 Posts
ebay....powerslot from just about any place. summit, 935....that kinda stuff

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,210 Posts
X Drilled WILL crack eventually (even the very best will sooner or later, cheaper the sooner)

Might want to look at some slotted's instead.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am leaning more towards the slotted..prices are up there..i had bad experience with ebay items...any idea where i can get them for a good price?

·
Dont question the good Dr
474 Posts

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
X Drilled WILL crack eventually (even the very best will sooner or later, cheaper the sooner)

Might want to look at some slotted's instead.
I've seen cracked holes from drilled rotors, so I do not deny it happens; however, I am on set #2 of drilled Brembos over 9 years, and have not experienced the problem. YMMV.

Take care.

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
why do you feel you need them? Regular rotors with good pads FTW unless you do track days. On the street there is no real reason you need the extra cooling of the rotors.

<l><l>

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Rotora are good, as are Brembo

powerslots or powerstops are garbage...

One track day will crack a crossdrilled rotor (seen it myself), I won't go anywhere near cheap rotors since in the end they just cause more issues...

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
why do you feel you need them? Regular rotors with good pads FTW unless you do track days. On the street there is no real reason you need the extra cooling of the rotors.

<l><l>
I've managed to warp every single set of stock rotors I've laid my foot on. :) Maybe it's my driving style, but I love treating the backroads like race track and beating the crap out of my brakes is part of the job description. Stock (oem) rotors are crap, and warp / hot-spot easily. I've been running brembo blanks for over a year now on my turbo car with ceremic-kevlar pads. FAST stopping ability, no warpage or heat damage. And no fade with good lines and fluid. (Yes, I warped and cracked the rotors on my N/A too. It too has seen stops from nearly 140mph (all stock). And these were rather gentle stops. The stock stuff just can't handle it.)

Collin

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
slowing down for 100MPH+ with stock brakes...SUX

they overheat and fade very fast, and it's not just the pads, the small rotors overheat, throw the heat into the calipers and then into your brake fluid and boil it.

For the price of all new reman'd calipers and brembo blanks, I could get a BBK...(at least for the front where it matters)

·
Registered
299 Posts
i bought some crossdrilled off ebay.. 180 for all. havnt put them on the car yet but hopefully they will be alright.

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
They won't....
Ive seen plenty of Ebay rotors work perfectly well as long as they were teamed up with a really good set of brake pads and fluid, maybe even some stainless lines. Even the Marauder owners Ive talked to use em, and this car is HEAVY. Im about to get a set for my Marauder and my Supra.

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,210 Posts
As I said earlier x drilled WILL crack eventually if pushed hard.

Even a mildly modded Mk3 due to it's weight is going to give brakes a hard time if you are a spirited driver, look at any of the exotics if they're driven hard you'll find cracks in the rotors and they're NOT using cheap parts.

Ditto on race cars but the difference there is they're replaced BEFORE catastrophic failure.....

Personally I wouldn't ever use cross drilled on a road car but that's just me as I value my life and have been in a few high speed accidents so won't take chances on equipment.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1jz....well said:1poke:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts