Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
~9300 rpm @ ~36 psi. More than either of those numbers and you need duel Ferrea.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Almost. I've gone up to 9200 rpm and 35 psi as a safety margin. Everything was fine.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Shoot, I thought more like 8500 max on the stock head plus crower hardware.

Is it possible to rev 9200 rpm on a stock oil pump (unmodified)?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I rev to 8500 all the time and no problems yet.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
~9300 rpm @ ~36 psi. More than either of those numbers and you need duel Ferrea.

9300???? Thats very brave and agressive. I have a fully built $20k engine with dual ferrea, billet crank, you name it, and it wont see a tick over 8k rpm.

I truly wonder how long these engines spinning to 9k+ are really lasting?

·
T-Power
1,625 Posts
I spin mine to 8500 all the time and sometimes 9000 in first gear to get out of hole... I'm running the crower setup and stock block. It's been fine for about 2 years now. :D

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Ive been to 9850 rpm on stock longblock (with bent rod) and multiple 9k revs over 11/2 years and the bent rod bearing finally failed.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
:nuts: :x: ohnoes:

·
Registered
707 Posts
High rpms will hurt the bearings and should be avoided. But, some times it just happens to me in 1st or second gear. Actually, most times I get on it. I now have my rev limiter set to 8700 rpm, but have seen up to 9200 in aem datalogs before. My engine has been doing this since 2001 and still works fine.

·
Registered
313 Posts
What is the price difference between the ferrera and Crower? What cams are you running Duration and Lift?

·
2jz powered
1,674 Posts
^^ More than double since you have to buy the springs and retainers seperatly.

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
Alright pansies, the stock rev limit is somewhere around 7350-7400. With my AEM, tuned by John Reed, my rev limit is set at 8K on a bone stock long block. You have to realize that manufacterers set the particular limit based on warranties and longevity of their products. Don't know if you know this, but my warranty is up. So botom line, with the stock spring tension and turning up the wick a little, my stock springs don't start to float up to 8k. If you are to go out and buy some high performance aftermarket springs that you feel can't rev farther then stock, then you are wasting your money and have been bench racing all your life. The Crowers are good up to 9k+, dual springs 10+ but there are other limiting factors that won't let you go past that and not the springs.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Alright pansies, the stock rev limit is somewhere around 7350-7400. With my AEM, tuned by John Reed, my rev limit is set at 8K on a bone stock long block. You have to realize that manufacterers set the particular limit based on warranties and longevity of their products. Don't know if you know this, but my warranty is up. So botom line, with the stock spring tension and turning up the wick a little, my stock springs don't start to float up to 8k. If you are to go out and buy some high performance aftermarket springs that you feel can't rev farther then stock, then you are wasting your money and have been bench racing all your life. The Crowers are good up to 9k+, dual springs 10+ but there are other limiting factors that won't let you go past that and not the springs.

So what would other limiting factors be if you have proper fuel????

1 - 20 of 43 Posts