Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been having a problem with my cruise control for a month or two now where it will not engage all of the time. A majority of the time it works fine, its just every so often it wont work.

The cruise light comes on just fine but when i push down to set the speed nothing happens. I can turn it on and off and eventually it will begin to work normally. A few times when i have turned it on/off the cruise light blinks a few times and turns off.

Im guessing either the cruise unit under the hood is going out, or the contacts/buttons in the steering wheel might be going bad.

has anyone had this happen or know what my problem is?

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
probally the speed sensor signal. They can become loose or just mess up with time behind the odo. You need to pull your odo and jump 2 wires so you know the ecu and the rest of the car is getting a good vss signal. This does not turn your odo off.

Check a wiring diagram... I'm pretty sure one of the wires is pink.

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ohhhhh i bet your right. I didnt think about it being linked, but i have also had an issue with my speedometer not working occasionally... if i tap it though it starts working.

Probably a loose connection, ill get behind there this afternoon and have a look.

Does mkiv .com have a wiring diagram? .....i hope they get the search up soon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts