Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
uhhhh, where did mine go??? i have a 1998tt and i cant find my cruise control knob, i can see the control module under the hood but not knob! the steering wheel is a little crooked so im guessing the car has rear-ended something, could this be a "new" steering wheel off a car that did not have cruise control?

·
Registered
551 Posts
probably....check to see if the cut out is on the right underside of the steering wheel...if not its probably not even from a supra, since Im pretty sure cruise was not an option...but dont quote me

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well if i remember correctly the wheel does say supra on it but there is no cut-out in the normal location.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Pictures would help. I'm pretty sure cruise was standard so it would have come with it. Maybe the previous owner just took it out.

·
Registered
551 Posts
take some pictures and get help from Curt at elmhurst...he'll know what you need to do...also I have a cruise control switch if you want it....find out what curt charges and then send me a reasonable offer

·
Administrator
17,266 Posts
Well, you'd notice it if you had it. Does the steering wheel have a cutout for it and the switch is just missing?

Steve T.

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no, there is no cutout, it is clearly not the original steering wheel. i figure that is why a) no steering wheel b) steering wheel is crooked c) left turn indicator does not turn off. maybe the guy that had the car before got in a fender bender and the air bag deployed so he changed the steering wheel. i duno, but it pisses me off the stuff he did to this car!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts