Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Green light still comes on, but cruise does not engage. it was working fine last time i drove car. is there a fuse to check?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the links, and please forgive my lame question, how do these 2 pods relate to the cruise control?

i have noticed that the odometer does switch from bright to dim over bumps

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
thanks for the links, and please forgive my lame question, how do these 2 pods relate to the cruise control?

i have noticed that the odometer does switch from bright to dim over bumps
The odometer produces the speed signal for the cruise ecu. When it doesn't work you'll probably notice your odometer doesn't count up any.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm ill check into that, i havent noticed if its increasing or not

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
The odometer produces the speed signal for the cruise ecu. When it doesn't work you'll probably notice your odometer doesn't count up any.
Not true. The odometer may still be counting miles, however the problem is that the VSS (vehicle speed signal) never makes it out of the odometer and back to the ecu. This is why you have to do the wire splice.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Or if your odometer is unplugged..your cruise control wont work.. plug it back in ;)

·
Proud MKIII Owner
2,407 Posts
^Hopefully that isn't the issue. Otherwise.....:eek:

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Not true. The odometer may still be counting miles, however the problem is that the VSS (vehicle speed signal) never makes it out of the odometer and back to the ecu. This is why you have to do the wire splice.
Oh, that was just my experiences with my car. Cruise control would work fine, then boom, stop working and the odo would quit counting, a little bit later it'd start counting again and I'd reengage cruise.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i havent messed with the odometer, but would removing the traction control stuff from teh throttle body have anything to do with this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts