Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
It's kind of like the INTRcooler or how ever they spell it. NOS makes a system like that to spray your intercooler. I don't have it, or talked to anybody who has, but it looks interesting.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
From my general C02 knowledge--this would work fine. Its a cheap alternative to N20...cheaper to fill up bottles and easier to find places to do so.

However I'm not sure if its worth it unless you have a good sized efficient intercooler. Also, you could DIY for MUCH cheaper!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
In my opnion these CO2 systems are much better than the N2O systems (like NOS or NX make) because with the N2O systems some of the laughing gas that you spray on your IC gets to the intake filter and into your engine. This is potentially dangerous, as it may cause a lean condition, and its VERY hard to tune the engine for something like this because you never know exacatly how much nitrous your engine is going to inhale. CO2 on the other hand will not oxidize the fuel and you're not risking to run lean, HOWEVER if your engine inhales the CO2 it will actually make your engine run rich (because there is going to be less oyxgen molecules per volume of air) and it will rob power. Better to run rich than lean, BUT its even better to be somewhere in the middle. The ideal solution would be (what im going to do soon) is to make a custom intercooler sprayer, using HPA (high pressure air). You can get a tank for it in most paintball stores (you can also use Nitrogen paintball tanks). HPA might not cool as good, but atleast you're not risking blowing your engine or running like shit because it wont alter the A-F ratios.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
i'd say if you're concerned the engine will inhale any of it, just put a shroud behind the intercooler that guides the leftovers under the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts