Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oklahoma City's Channel 4 has this article explaining how Cryogenics promises a 1 million mile engine life. I wonder how many companies will pop up to provide this service. And at what cost? Yet another reason for Supra owners to empty their bank accounts… :D

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
The 1 million mile thing isn't that special, nobody stays with the same car for 1 million miles anywho, but the idea of strengthening and lengthening the life of parts of a car sounds interesting.

How does this account for 120mpg gas mileage though?! Just because all the parts are stout?....

I just hope they do this with my rotary engine so I can see a 40k mile engine life :bigthumb:

·
Sudafed can't kill me.
979 Posts
PhoeniXDownVII said:
I just hope they do this with my rotary engine so I can see a 40k mile engine life :bigthumb:

:lol: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
13,581 Posts

·
NFA Pimp
2,734 Posts
PhoeniXDownVII said:
Knew one of you ignorant thugs would say it anyways... :dunno: :)
We're not ignorant. The rotary guys are just in denial about how shitty that motor is. :freak: :dunno:

·
BOOBIES
3,212 Posts
I started my own business. Instead of cryogenics I use pyrotechnics. I light all the parts of the engine on fire. The result is just as you would expect: you walk home.

G

·
Eggy said:
I started my own business. Instead of cryogenics I use pyrotechnics. I light all the parts of the engine on fire. The result is just as you would expect: you walk home.

:bowdown: I love fires :D can I join you?

-Dino

·
Registered
144 Posts
BDT-TT said:
:bowdown: I love fires :D can I join you?

-Dino
Got room for 1 more? Haha, as long as we're not lighting any 2JZ's on fire, cuz then I might have to cry. Now if it's the SRT-4's then it's all good cuz I know I'm not the only one that laughed at the thread with the Cajun style Neon in it. :bigthumb:

·
Invert.
257 Posts
PhoeniXDownVII said:
How does this account for 120mpg gas mileage though?! Just because all the parts are stout?....

:
Yeah, where the hell is he getting that info? He probably just told that to the reporters and they believed him. With no other mods, I can't see how any cryo treatment would make a difference. It only makes the part harder.

·
Toyota Tech
177 Posts
RSA Supra said:
I just had my rotors done and spoke to the owner of the (family friend of friend) company at length. I will cryo anything that I can from now on.

www.appliedrotortechnology.com

Click here for more pics.

Do you feel any kind of difference. I dont have a high performance vehicle like most of u guys, but just the thought of knowing that my stuff (i.e rotors/calipers etc etc) on my car is more reliable makes me feel safer. Anything bad/good u got to say about cryo's?

·
Banned
612 Posts

doesnt Micheal Jackson sleep in one of those things?

Reactions: davidX

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
PARealtor said:

doesnt Micheal Jackson sleep in one of those things?
:wtflol: :wtflol: :wtflol: :wtflol:

·
Banned
175 Posts
brewster said:
Now how the fuck does that give you better gas mileage?

yea how?

·
Oh Snaps
549 Posts
:bsflag: you dont get 120mpg with just cryo, that doesnt make any sense

1 - 20 of 32 Posts