Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone doing these? a long time ago it looked like a big failboat. recent times have shot prices way up due to big legitimacy leaps like companies buying large quantities and plans like amazon wanting to accept them in the future.

needless to say i didn't think about it til recently and then boom, i'm now here running a 6 gpu setup as a test. if it pays itself off without a hitch i'll dive in deeper. anybody been in it for a while?

·
HIDEYOURGIRLFRIEND
961 Posts
I started about a year ago, but didn’t start to REALLY invest until a couple months back. Awesome returns so far.

·
Registered
545 Posts
ada for long term indeed.
friend bought 60k coins at 12c, which peaked once at 1.30 I believe...

Tron has potential I think

Etherium and the coins seem to have an inverse relationship so invest accordingly

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ada for long term indeed.
friend bought 60k coins at 12c, which peaked once at 1.30 I believe...

Tron has potential I think

Etherium and the coins seem to have an inverse relationship so invest accordingly
recently ethereum has followed bitcoin fairly closely.

a friends new setup is 42 gtx 1070 cards. haven't heard if he got it going yet but in the current market it will bring in 5k a month. will be interesting to see if it pays off for him.

·
I'm your huckleberry...
1,972 Posts
A national currency is backed by a nation's economy and their gold. Crytocurrency is backed by what again? (Aside from criminality and axis nations evading sanctions.)

·
MKIV intervention needed
2,961 Posts
i like this idea and have a spare house i could run some pretty noisy processing. i wouldn't mind throwing some cash at this. 5 10 k
and recommendations? is mining the way or just buying the coins?

·
Registered
545 Posts
i like this idea and have a spare house i could run some pretty noisy processing. i wouldn't mind throwing some cash at this. 5 10 k
Research and risk in penny coins.. faster and greater multiple. Friend got in paccoin for example went up 2800% got out.
Dollar plus coins will take longer to multiply and return isn't much...like ripple. Unless you invested in it when it was pennies.
Oh and

Don't believe the hype
Act against it

·
I'm your huckleberry...
1,972 Posts
The best way to make money is to let North Korea use your account.

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,244 Posts
So, use real currency to buy energy to make fake currency? And in the process spike energy consumption, price and not to mention computer components?

When you have your corner grocery guy telling you to get into Bitcoin, you know you have a bubble. There is even something called Bitcoin IRA. When this is all will be over and done, some people will make a shit ton of money, and vast majority will lose their retirement.

Digital currency is the future, unfortunately rules of our country will never allow decentralized currency that they cannot manipulate to be the new norm.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
So, use real currency to buy energy to make fake currency? And in the process spike energy consumption, price and not to mention computer components?

When you have your corner grocery guy telling you to get into Bitcoin, you know you have a bubble. There is even something called Bitcoin IRA. When this is all will be over and done, some people will make a shit ton of money, and vast majority will lose their retirement.

Digital currency is the future, unfortunately rules of our country will never allow decentralized currency that they cannot manipulate to be the new norm.
basically, in order to regulate cryptocurrencies, the government will have to regulate any personal peer to peer trading of anything of value. won't happen. as soon as the government takes over one currency, another will come up.

look for government control of the internet to be pushed when digital currencies become a larger threat than they already are. at this moment they act more like a traded commodity than anything else.

also, what do you think our money is? it takes more money and resources to make coins and dollars than they are worth... you use real currency (time, energy, resources) to make a fake currency (coins, dollar bills, etc), and the value of that currency is set based on a needed standard, not a standard of consumption and growth.

·
MKIV intervention needed
2,961 Posts
true the federal reserve not is not federal nor does it have reserves, it is a constantly devalued through printing debt instrument

that steals silently from its holders who traded heir lives for it, behind the devaluation and theft, the international jew.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
market is crashing
bitcoin is down
people have been talking how the height was way too high in the first place for a while now... all the people that were in it before aren't worried, they are just riding it until it levels out again. all the people that jumped in at the height are worried through.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts