Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed this kit in my 97 supra. All i can say is that this thing ROCKS!!! :D Ive heard it will reduce the shift on a 97 by 40% but it felt more like 50%. The C's also introduced a new feel in the shifter, it feels more solid and tight. It's one of the best upgrades next going single that ive done. The reverse lock out works perfectly too. If your considering upgrading your shifter, id seriously consider C's. I paid 3 bills for it but would have paid more if i had to.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Awesome. Where did you purchase the shifter from if you don't mind me asking? Is the new 'feel' still notchy? I have the B&M and hate it w/a passion due to the clunking noise after each shift. I tried the C's shifter and it felt about 20% shorter than the B&M.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
95 and under supras don't have to deal with long shift throws like u 97 and 98 guys do =)...then again neither do autos.. =(

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
VINZE said:
Awesome. Where did you purchase the shifter from if you don't mind me asking? Is the new 'feel' still notchy? I have the B&M and hate it w/a passion due to the clunking noise after each shift. I tried the C's shifter and it felt about 20% shorter than the B&M.
Where do you purchase it?

VINZE: you have a clunking noise after EACH shift? Are you sure it isn't due to the tranny? I currently run the B&M and I am satisfied that it is better than the stock shifter. The B&M feels much firmer and I don't have to shove it in like I did the stock shifter. But I am always willing to try something better.

So where can it be purchased?

Joe

G

·
ONE THING I LEARNED FROM PREVIOUS CARS IS NOT
TO GET A "SHORT SHIFT KIT" IT JUST MAKES IT HARDER
TO SHIFT IE CLUNK CLUNK

MATTER OF FACT I REPLACED MY STOCK SHIFT KNOB
FROM ONE BY GREDDY..........AND THE STOCK ONE
IS BETTER WEIGHTED............SO I PUT THE STOCK KNOB
BACK ON..........JUST MY OPINION SOME OE PARTS WORK
BETTER THAT AFTER MARKET