Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple years ago I bought a regular CSF OEM replacement radiator. I was tightening the drain plug in it yesterday and the damn grip broke off from the threads.. leaving the threaded piece in my radiator. I finally got that out, but know I can't figure out what kind of drain plug to buy, the OEM one does not fit. Anyone else had this problem?

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
I think the CSF's are US made... so its probably a NPT plug (pipe thread)

Run down to the local hardware store and see if any of the plugs fit.

-Dustin

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
catch2nd said:
I think the CSF's are US made... so its probably a NPT plug (pipe thread)

Run down to the local hardware store and see if any of the plugs fit.

-Dustin
yes its might be npt thread. go to home depot and buy a brass plug. they are in the plumbing dept. i guess its worth a shot

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys.

I went to every parts store in town and no one has it. Its a M10X1.5 thread. i'm going to try home depot next. A brass bolt will work?

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
Brass would be best as it won't bond to the aluminum... try your auto-parts store as well.... If you can't find brass a regular bolt will work.... just be sure to coat the threads with anti-seize compound to insure that you are able to get that thing back out

·
Project Mayhem!!!
789 Posts
check a local radiator shop. i broke mine off and went over to the one we use for work. he had a box full of the things! take the piece you took out of the radiator w/ you, so you can match the threads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts