Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing the exhaust housing on my CT-26 with one that isnt cracked to shit. I removed the housing off of the spare/trashed turbo with a mallet but I am scared to do this with the good turbo because it is almost impossible to hit it off without cocking it at an angle. I do not want the exhaust housing hitting the turbine as I tap it off. Any ideas as how to get it off as safely as possible?

And what about reinstalling the exhaust housing? Just tapping it on seems dangerous too.....

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
I use a rubber mallet and GodSmack

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
I also have a turbo with some cracks in the exhaust housing but wasn't going to f*** with it since I was afraid of taking the wheels off. After reading the instructions and looking at the pics on the above link it looks like you don't have to mess with the wheels to just replace the housing....is this correct???

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
chriso said:
I also have a turbo with some cracks in the exhaust housing but wasn't going to f*** with it since I was afraid of taking the wheels off. After reading the instructions and looking at the pics on the above link it looks like you don't have to mess with the wheels to just replace the housing....is this correct???

yes, just unbolt the clamp and pull it off is the idea...of course the housings are somewhat stuck together, so youll need to torch it or just hit it with a rubber mallet and listen to GodSmack to give u motivation :)

3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
eh......Hatebreed works better. ;)

I figured Id have to use heat, PB blaster, a rubber mallet....

Im just worried about damaging the wheel. I guess Ill just have to take my time and be real carefull.

·
Registered
948 Posts
hey i got a question for you guys, would this be any more complex rebuilding a upgraded ct? i'd just pull my wheel off the spent ct and put it on the chra from the kit... correct?

3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AFAIK you cannot replace any of the wheels or reciprocating components without rebalancing.

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
^ I agree, you wouldnt want something spinning at 100k rpm that isnt ballanced properly.

·
the clever guy
782 Posts
Silver88Turbo said:
eh......Hatebreed works better. ;)

I figured Id have to use heat, PB blaster, a rubber mallet....

Im just worried about damaging the wheel. I guess Ill just have to take my time and be real carefull.
No need to be a surgeon for removing the ex housing. The exhaust wheel is a superalloy (inconel of some sort I'd guess) and is actually fairly tough. I'm sure it can take some moderate bumps.

·
Registered
948 Posts
yeah after posting i thought of the balance thing, i supose i could just have the innards balanced then assemble

1 - 13 of 13 Posts