Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Just finished removing and sending out my CT-26 for a rebuild. I was just wondering if anyone could link me to a Gasket kit for all the turbo gaskets. Including the Oil Feed and return line gaskets if possible. Thanks!!!
-J

·
Registered
914 Posts
They are all over ebay and other places:

These gaskets are very common as the ct-26 was used in other Toyota's around that time. I would just recommend you get the full metal style exhaust gaskets and not the cheaper ones as you will get exhaust leaks in no time with those.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are all over ebay and other places:

These gaskets are very common as the ct-26 was used in other Toyota's around that time. I would just recommend you get the full metal style exhaust gaskets and not the cheaper ones as you will get exhaust leaks in no time with those.
Where can I buy the 3rd gasket for the elbow joint, sorry for being a pain in the butt. Just don’t know the correct terminology to look it up, is it an elbow joint gasket?

·
Registered
914 Posts
lol, it's cool, there is quite a bit of gaskets in that area when you really think about it. I have not had a factory turbo elbow on since 2007 but I remember removing a round compression style doughnut gasket that sits between the factory turbo elbow and the factory downpipe. It looks like this (do not buy a used one):

You need to measure the size of the opening and you should be able to get it at your local autoparts store or the right size online.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Once upon a time I had a million of these things lying around since I never had a stock turbo'd 7M around. No clue where they all went....

Rockauto has you covered for a couple $, with $10 shipping for a gasket....... Felpro

You can just use the part number in that link to search for the gasket somewhere with reasonable shipping.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@plaaya69 is the set you linked a decent set? Im doing all the work myself without a lift, and this isnt the easiest job to do over and over when you cant get under the car to get those stupid oil feed and return lines.
-J

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I re-installed my stock turbo (after BHG work), I didn't put my car in a lift. I did all the work over the engine; not easy getting the oil lines back in place but I took my time and familiarized myself how bolts go back in. IIRC, there's one bolt that I can't see when installing but knew where it goes and had to put in in by feel, if that makes sense.
Good luck.

Rockauto has you covered for a couple $, with $10 shipping for a gasket....... Felpro
Captain, thanks for posting that pic of the gasket. I have that laying around from my head gasket replacement kit and didn't know what the heck it was for. (I didn't remove the elbow after the turbo .) Now, I know what it's for, lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I re-installed my stock turbo (after BHG work), I didn't put my car in a lift. I did all the work over the engine; not easy getting the oil lines back in place but I took my time and familiarized myself how bolts go back in. IIRC, there's one bolt that I can't see when installing but knew where it goes and had to put in in by feel, if that makes sense.
Good luck.

Captain, thanks for posting that pic of the gasket. I have that laying around from my head gasket replacement kit and didn't know what the heck it was for. (I didn't remove the elbow after the turbo .) Now, I know what it's for, lol.
Yeah me too, real pain in the butt! That’s why I wanna get it done, and get it done right the first time. Took me 4 hours to get it out, hopefully going back in, new bolts, bolt lube, and new parts will make the process go much much faster. Crossing my fingers!!!

·
Registered
914 Posts
@plaaya69 is the set you linked a decent set? Im doing all the work myself without a lift, and this isnt the easiest job to do over and over when you cant get under the car to get those stupid oil feed and return lines.
-J
I would go with it as long as the 2 exhaust gaskets on the turbo are 100% metal. Once you get the 17mm bolt off for the oil feed line on the block, use a 1/4 ratchet with a extension for those other 2 lower bolts on the block for the oil drain tube.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts