Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I dyno on a dynojet238. i have a nissan maxima with a ct26 and a sparco intercooler is realy the only mods I have . It has a 9:1 ratio 3.0 litter v-6. I was running a 3inch open down pipe with 10psi. the horsepower was a little low I thought. Maybe due to a bad knock sensor. I made 200whp by 4000 rpms and 239 by redline at 6000rpms. boost does not fall off it sometime spike up tp 11psi by redline so I dont have the problem that you supras have with boost falling off.
base hp to the crank is 160hp and 182lb torque

Im looking to get an upgraded ct26 but not sure witch one would be best.57 60-1 or 60-2.also what kind of clip to get? Im looking more for drag racing and not a dyno queen turbo.I ran 13.9 in my max with street tires crome rims and a 60ft of 2.3. also with a full leather inter.also still with bad knock sensor.

Im also going to add cams porting throttle body,intake manifold, heads and the exhaust manifolds. And im going to get a fidanza flywheel and udp.
Im hoping with tires to run some mid 12,s and maybe about 375 to 400whp.

im guessing at about 15 to 18 psi.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
93turbo gxe said:
ok I dyno on a dynojet238. i have a nissan maxima with a ct26 and a sparco intercooler is realy the only mods I have . It has a 9:1 ratio 3.0 litter v-6. I was running a 3inch open down pipe with 10psi. the horsepower was a little low I thought. Maybe due to a bad knock sensor. I made 200whp by 4000 rpms and 239 by redline at 6000rpms. boost does not fall off it sometime spike up tp 11psi by redline so I dont have the problem that you supras have with boost falling off.

Im looking to get an upgraded ct26 but not sure witch one would be best.57 60-1 or 60-2.also what kind of clip to get? Im looking more for drag racing and not a dyno queen turbo.I ran 13.9 in my max with street tires crome rims and a 60ft of 2.3. also with a full leather inter.also still with bad knock sensor.
Boost falls off for many reasons. Sick turbo, restrictive exhaust system, small intercooler, WG problems and other general engine problems. It doesn't fall off be cause of the 7mgte and it's long stroke...

After upgrading my intercooler and going to a 3" CT26 elbow, the boost held all the way to red line.

Sounds like a nice sleeper though. :)

·
Boostin
1,280 Posts
93turbo gxe said:

Im also going to add cams porting throttle body,intake manifold, heads and the exhaust manifolds. And im going to get a fidanza flywheel and udp.
Im hoping with tires to run some mid 12,s and maybe about 375 to 400whp.

im guessing at about 15 to 18 psi.

57 trim for quick spool
60-1 trim for all the power

I thought 60-2 was only for MR2 CT-26?

Both trim can take you up to 375+WHP. Depend on MODS also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts