Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ct26 60-1 upgraded questions

i have read all the reveiws that i have found on this mod.
several people have said that it lasted them only around 10k miles.
and then i have heard that this mod can run farther than 10k miles.
so i would like to know from some more people with experience with this mod and about how many miles they have gotten out of the turbo.
-sean

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
my best friend 62-1 2+ years and counting at 18+ psi..most its seen is 22psi for 6 months.

T

·
0 Posts
if you have a turbo timer and take care of your turbo, it will last a lot longer... so ive heard, but its enough for me to try the upgrade

·
Registered
454 Posts
tavantz said:
if you have a turbo timer and take care of your turbo, it will last a lot longer... so ive heard, but its enough for me to try the upgrade
A turbo timer isn't going to prolng it's life, especially on a water cooled center section.

I had a 60-1 CT for 6 months with no problems at 17 psi before going bigger.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
Clifton said:
A turbo timer isn't going to prolng it's life, especially on a water cooled center section.

I had a 60-1 CT for 6 months with no problems at 17 psi before going bigger.
as its true with the stocker benig water cooled it doesnt necessarily need the turbo timer..... having a proper cool down WILL prolong ANY turbos life span.

as far as the question...i have one...its going on about 17k miles right now... i think its dying though but thats because somehow in one of the past removals it got a bent fin :mad:

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dam that sucks ideal.
i didnt know you had a 60-1 ct, but of course no one told me.
what was up with the smoking problem while you were in houstan?
-sean

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so would you guys recomend a ct 60-1 turbo by the next houston meet? i have to swap over first to turbo first but, i would like to be pushing between 350-400whp by the next meet. or would you recomend another type of turbo, that isnt over 700 bucks. :dunno:
-sean

·
Registered
142 Posts
i drooped my turbo off at PT on the 8th getting the 60-1 upgrade for $475. the guys at PT said a CT-26 with a 60-1 up grade can support 300-350 easy, he also said chipping it wont make it spool faster, unless you have exhaust pressure problems

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
Clipping the exhaust side doesnt make it spool faster, it helps it flow more on the top end. IIRC.

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
If anything clipping will make it lag just a bit more then unclipped, but you're able to get a bit more hp out of the ct.

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so i should go with upgrade for the price of it for a while?
yeah i am only look to fun 350whp on that turbo with the upgraded wheel so i am not putting to much presure on that small of a turbo.
-sean

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
ALPINSUPRA said:
so i should go with upgrade for the price of it for a while?
yeah i am only look to fun 350whp on that turbo with the upgraded wheel so i am not putting to much presure on that small of a turbo.
-sean
Thats wha I did. Wanted a bigger turbo, but didnt wanna mess with a new mani (or adaptor), wastegate, downpipe, etc, etc, etc at this time. Upgraded the CT to a 60-1 w/10 degree clip. Gonna play around with it for a lil while, see how much power I can get from it. Then save up and go BIG. :bigthumb:

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
go for the throat and get a sp61 man....makes life alot easier than trying to take 2 steps when 1 will do....

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MKIIINA said:
go for the throat and get a sp61 man....makes life alot easier than trying to take 2 steps when 1 will do....

that is very true joe, but i would want to get the whole sp kit when i get an sp turbo.
see your only shooting for what somewere around 400whp and i am shooting for 600whp in a couple of years and that will happen via the sp63 or larger kit.
the ct 60-1 will be for little power for when i finally swap over this summer.
-sean

3,796 Posts
Do not get your turbine clipped. Especially if you have cracks in your WG. With that said, my 60-1 CT w/ a 11* clip has gone 5k miles so far with no noticable probs...shaft play is still acceptable.

Oh yea...the guys over at PT are great.

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dunno, its still between the ct 60-1 or a t3/t4 turbo for just little power until the sp kit later on. which would you guys think would give me more power efficiently with the least amount of problems? and not have either one blow or whatever till i am ready for the sp kit.
-sean

1 - 17 of 17 Posts