Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MK2 is ok, but I would really like one that is in better shape. Is it even thinkable to get one in the $2500 range that has a good/great body and maybe a so-so engine? I figure I could always swap engines (since mine is still, again, decent). I just want one that is in better shape and curious if it's even thinkable to get one for that kinda dough....

Also, do you guys know any good sites to look for MK2 supras for sale? Ebay doesn't have much and I havent' had much luck elsewhere. I'll pick up a trader or equivalent next time I stop by the gas station...

TIA :)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats a beautiful lookin' supra there. Too bad it's an auto :( But eitherway, I'm not ready to buy. I was just curious :) I might get back with ya when I am ready--that is if you still have it :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'll have it, I'm not really selling it, but everything in life is for sale. When your ready send me a hollar I may have a nice 5-speed mk2 for you in the price range with a great body and a rebuil motor with a warranty.

later,

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
where in Michigan do you live? We pass through there every year for our fishin' trip up in minnisota in august.

I'm really lookin' for what you described, a nice MK2 5-speed with a great body. Engine could be so-so, I wouldn't be too worried because I would like to put a 7M-GTE in it one day.

[edit]
Just "refound" a picture. Personally, this is one of the most beautiful supras I've ever seen :)

Yeah, it's impossible to get for $3k, but it's beautiful never-the-less :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Dude you can get a heck of a nice mk2 for $3k. They are not that expensive. Guess what I paid for mine with 60k original miles and in near mint condition??

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah? I've talked to my parenst about possibly getting a loan so that I'll have more money for a supra cause I really want to get one in nice condition. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places? Can't find any online really... ...I gotta get to the gas station sometime and pick up a trader.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Let me know I may have a 85 P-Type w. 104k miles on it. It has the 5-speed sunroof, blue cloth interior in good shape, and very very minimal rust. Paint is good and everything. The motor is freshly rebuil and has a 100k miles transferable warranty.

later,
joe

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Errr.....Not really...I have a Friend who paid 3K for his '83 L-type, Auto. Digi. Dash........and I Paid $1450 for my '85 P-type, SDR, Auto, Analog dash..CD Player.......I got lucky :)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Toyota4555 said:
Let me know I may have a 85 P-Type w. 104k miles on it. It has the 5-speed sunroof, blue cloth interior in good shape, and very very minimal rust. Paint is good and everything. The motor is freshly rebuil and has a 100k miles transferable warranty.

later,
joe
Like I said, I'll get back with ya. I'm gonna look locally first and see what comes up. I really prefer to get a car with either burgandy or black interior, with a hatch like the car above, with a good body/engine, etc. But with all these specifics it might take some time to finally find what I"m lookin' for.

I already have a supra now and d on't really wanna settle for somethin' I don't want seeing how I'll be using it for a long while. I know the interior can always be swithed out, but that would be a pain

·
Registered
251 Posts
L-Types are worth the same as a p-type, wait let me see my car has 78k miles on it, what should I sell it for, dude, the car is easily worth that, it actually has p-type rear flares and I just put in some p-type seats. Your average person does not know the difference between a l-type and a p-type, p-types are a dime a dozen! L-types are rare, especially in my SDR color. Plus I have the 15" rims and it looks better without the front flare.

joe

·
'85 SDR 7MGTE 5sp
1,842 Posts
Not this again :D

Toyota4555 said:
L-Types are worth the same as a p-type, wait let me see my car has 78k miles on it, what should I sell it for, dude, the car is easily worth that, it actually has p-type rear flares and I just put in some p-type seats. Your average person does not know the difference between a l-type and a p-type, p-types are a dime a dozen! L-types are rare, especially in my SDR color.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Beautiful MKII up there. I hope mine will look like that when she's finished.

I noticed this MKII has Celica door handles... or were there 2 versions ?

·
Registered
717 Posts
i think pre-83 had the front-pull handles

also 82s had the black rear hatch

my 83celica has front-pull handles also, but they are a pain, break all the time....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts