Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Hardtop FTW
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was very unhappy today to find that my seemingly perfect interior has a flaw. I found a couple spider cracks in the dash just above the guage cluster. My first thought was to throw a dash cover over it, but I was wondering if there was any less tacky way to conceal/slow the damage? Maybe someway to seal the serface?

Thanks,
Collin

· Hardtop FTW
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The problem is that it's already cracking...

· Supra hail dent king :(
1,209 Posts
there was a thread awhile back when some guy did his cracked burgandy dash. got that leather repair kit. sanded it down. let the repair kit do it's magic. and he repainted it with some krylon fusion black. and it came out SEXY AS HELL!! he did a good write up i believe. i just can't find it.

:EDIT: i have pictures. give me a few minutes to set them up. i hope he doesn't get mad.

there you go...

Omar

· Hardtop FTW
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn, that did come out nice. Thanks!

· Hardtop FTW
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BrokenSupra said:
cure ... get a new dash
I'm finding it to be a little difficult to find one in better shape than mine, ignoring the crack. All the others have various other flaws making mine still look better. I'm sure I'll find one eventually and swap them out.

· Banned
7,225 Posts
There are places that can repair auto interiors. Leather, vinyl etc. Search google, there's plenty of them. I haven't been to one yet due to repair other things here and there.

· Registered
174 Posts
hey sorry to go off topic, but i checked out ur mods list and u have the OEM replacement brembo rotors.... how much did that run ya, cuz i can get the whole set for $189, and is it worth it? is ur stopping better ? or same as oem ? thx layta

· LexusTico
3,604 Posts
-scarface2jz- said:
hey sorry to go off topic, but i checked out ur mods list and u have the OEM replacement brembo rotors.... how much did that run ya, cuz i can get the whole set for $189, and is it worth it? is ur stopping better ? or same as oem ? thx layta
dude that's what PMs are for.. why are you going off topic?! :stickpoke

as far as that permatex repair kit goes, I didn't like it on my Mk3 burgundy dashboard... It's a PITA and it never looks right. I ended up buying a new dash from the dealer but it was the last burgundy one in the country and it was back in 1999. I heard they were discontinued in almost all colors. It was like $600. If you've got the $ a new one would be best. If not then yeah try to look for a professional business that does interiors. You're going to go through all the hassle of pulling the dash, fixing with that permatex crap, painting and reinstalling only to have it crack somewhere else and have to do it all over again.

do it right the 1st time or do it again later.

· Hardtop FTW
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SupraTico said:
dude that's what PMs are for.. why are you going off topic?! :stickpoke

as far as that permatex repair kit goes, I didn't like it on my Mk3 burgundy dashboard... It's a PITA and it never looks right. I ended up buying a new dash from the dealer but it was the last burgundy one in the country and it was back in 1999. I heard they were discontinued in almost all colors. It was like $600. If you've got the $ a new one would be best. If not then yeah try to look for a professional business that does interiors. You're going to go through all the hassle of pulling the dash, fixing with that permatex crap, painting and reinstalling only to have it crack somewhere else and have to do it all over again.

do it right the 1st time or do it again later.
Thank you for a very informative post! I like this idea best. :)

· Hardtop FTW
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
-scarface2jz- said:
The other dude is right. This is what PMs are for, but since some other guys may be interested now, upgraded rotors won't make 2 shits of a difference without better pads. The reason that I went with the brembo rotors is because they are much less likely to warp or burn under hard braking. If you look under my mod list again you will also see that i am using PBR/Axxis Ceramic pads, which do make a HUGE difference. They are a little dead when cold, but once warm they grab hard and the car stops stops on a dime. I've hit them hard at 140mph without any problems.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.