Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
'94 TT Blk/Blk 6 spd
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I would introduce myself with this post. I don't know how many of you guys are classic car fans, but here is my current weekend car. My family and I have had it since 1997 and have transformed it through a complete restoration project. It was a great experience, is plenty fast, but I think I am thinking I am ready for something different. And a Supra TT/Single conversion, seems to be the leading contender as a weekend car replacement for the '65.
I was interested to see if any of you guys have gone from a classic muscle car to an MKIV? What were your impressions after the change? I am just looking for something that is capable of much more, in a safer shell. I absolutely love the exclusiveness of the Fastback, and the looks it gets going down the road, and I hope that the same feelings are exhibited through a Supra in its driving experience, and thier continuing rarity. All comments are welcome, and thanks for your opinions.
-Taylor

Click Me

Click Me

·
'94 TT Blk/Blk 6 spd
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hmmmm....I can see them. Let me see what I can do. They should work now. I had to use a different picture host to get them up.

·
Registered
885 Posts
very nice

·
'94 TT Blk/Blk 6 spd
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliments.

The car has all original Ford aesthetic parts, but I would definitely call it more of a resto-mod. Here are some specs on the car:

-Balanced 302 bored .030" with 9.5:1 Keith Black pistons,
-Edelbrock Performer RPM package (heads -1.9 intake, 1.6 exhaust- matched to intake, matched to cam and lifters).
-Cam specs: Dur at .050: Intake 224 degrees, Exhaust 234 degrees, Lift at valve - Intake .496, Exhaust .520.
-Holley 750 DP - Custom Jetted during dyno tuning
-Crane 1.7 Roller Rockers
-MSD Ready-to-Run distributor
-Hooker longtubes, Dr. Gas X-pipe, 3-Chamber Flowmasters
-Tremec 3550 5 speed with 3.55 rear end Auburn gear
-Subframe connectors
-BFG Drags

·
Super Moderator
10,496 Posts
TTechM3 said:
I thought I would introduce myself with this post. I don't know how many of you guys are classic car fans, but here is my current weekend car. My family and I have had it since 1997 and have transformed it through a complete restoration project. It was a great experience, is plenty fast, but I think I am thinking I am ready for something different. And a Supra TT/Single conversion, seems to be the leading contender as a weekend car replacement for the '65.
I was interested to see if any of you guys have gone from a classic muscle car to an MKIV? What were your impressions after the change? I am just looking for something that is capable of much more, in a safer shell. I absolutely love the exclusiveness of the Fastback, and the looks it gets going down the road, and I hope that the same feelings are exhibited through a Supra in its driving experience, and thier continuing rarity. All comments are welcome, and thanks for your opinions.
-Taylor
Beautiful car, man. I also really like the way you've modded her. I didn't go straight to MKIVs from my muscle car days (Firebird Formula 400 and modded up Duster 340 many, many years ago), but I love well preserved/restored muscle cars. Doesn't have to be numbers matching as long as it looks and drives nicely, since I drive everything I own. You establish a price yet?

Ken.

·
'94 TT Blk/Blk 6 spd
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ken - Yeah, we kind of have an idea of what we would like to get when the time comes. It's really hard to establish the true value on these cars. I have browsed through Hemmings.com's listings to see the market and quality of cars that exist, and I think ours is definitely on an upper tear, so we'll see what happens. I don't really want to announce a price publically yet, because you never know what could come back to bite you when the selling time comes. She is sure going to be terribly hard to sell though for sentimental reasons.
The key will be a car that fill her shoes properly, and a C5 Z06 doesn't really jazz me because you see so many of them. An old 993 Porsche Turbo is interesting, but they are still quite pricey these days. There are other cars, but the Supra just seems to be a blend of amzing performance with a sense of uniqueness. I still need to get my hands behind the wheel of one though, or at least in the passenger seat. Any Dallas takers? j/k Thanks for the kind words guys.
-Taylor

·
Registered
560 Posts
MarcSMT said:
Don't sell it, you'll regret it.

Beautiful car.
As much as i like the supra, i would have to agree. I mean the supra can be a great colletable, but that is on a whole other level. That is one beautiful fastback. Especially with the mods you have done to it. Compared to the supra, it is maintenance free. Please post more pics of interior.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts