Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to purchase this for my targa car to strengthen the chassis while driving with the targa off. I know a few people have this on their cars and just want to know if I have to go through the hassle of removing the entire rear interior of the car to install it (that would be a HUGE pain). Thanks.

-Alex

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
^ Anyways, I was kinda wondering the same thing? Would it be worth it to just just a small section out to make it fit?

·
Take it!
996 Posts
If you want a clean rear strut bar install...you will have to remove the whole rear interior panels, there's no easy way around it. When you remove the rear interior panels then you can measure how much space you have to remove. Don't be ghetto and use knife or a saw, a dremel will make the whole install easier and cleaner IMO. Goood luck!

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
I had to cut mine... and i must say it looks like SHIT :( but not too noticeable. If one spent some time on it on where to cut and it it with a drill or something for even and smooth edges it would be ok. Ill try to take some pictures soon.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well here is a pic of an advertisement for the rear bar, http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/supra_1946_53172645 and of course it would be better to see some more photos.

I understand what you mean AGlobalThreat:), but personally I am not a fan of those. Seems like a hassle to fumble around with both a targa and targa brace.

·
Needs More 1jz
987 Posts
if you do get this strut bar when you have all your panels out take the extra time to check/retorque all your rear subframe bolts it helps alot from what ive heard and ill be doing it on my car. :)

if you just take your time with the cuts messure them right itll come out good i also saw a person who put rubber around the cuts like some kind of stripping and it looked very clean almost stock.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had to cut mine... and i must say it looks like SHIT :( but not too noticeable. If one spent some time on it on where to cut and it it with a drill or something for even and smooth edges it would be ok. Ill try to take some pictures soon.
]
You get those pics yet?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts