Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Mazda Needs A New Heart
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have searched and to my surprise i did not get the answer i was looking for. i was lookin on Options Auto Salon about 15 mins ago and was looking at cusco strut bars and i found the front one but it said not compatible with tems. why is that? there is one on eBay i found that im thinkin about getting but if it will not work with my supra i do not want it. so please let me know

·
MА70>MA71>SC400
792 Posts
Whats up Qkrthanu I see you're from greenwood, me too. The reason it wont fit is because tems has a box on the top of the towers and it wouldnt fit over that tem mechanism. I am not for sure though, Ill let the more experienced guys answer that.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
You take off the teems cover, and that should alow it to fit, or using strut brace spacers is another way to go, www.jblmk3.com

·
Mazda Needs A New Heart
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thank you for the shop names. i have been looking for some good ones and all i can find are sp racing. they are a great shop. ok well then i will go for the one on eBay. its the right color for me too. also can someone show me the tems thing i have to remove(im new to supras. im a Z freak, or at least used to be)

·
Mazda Needs A New Heart
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also carl what part of greenwood are you from? maybe you can help me locally with some of my questions

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Why is it hard to find the Supra shops? Try these google searches:

MA70 SUPRA PARTS
MKIII SUPRA PARTS
7MGTE SUPRA TURBO PARTS

To add-onto the notes...

87-88 TEMS controllers (actuator motors) are larger, they will never fit under the low-profile cusco basket.

89-92 actuators are lower-provile. If you put a proper spacer, it will allow the cusco bar to fit.

In each case the dust-covers are not used.

Don't try to simply use washers, the strut bar will not have a sufficient foundation to be an effective brace.

If you want to upgrade your springs/shocks down the road, you may decide to use non-tems gear, then the actuators are removed as well, reducing your hassles. Plan your roadmap, use your mod money effectively.

·
Mazda Needs A New Heart
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i plan to this make this car a part time auto crosser so i have decided on cuso strut bars(removing tems like stated above), TEIN RA Coilovers, Suspension Tech Sway Bars, and i think that should do it for suspension. am i correct?

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
The RA's are the most pricey, but I'm sure you would be happy with them. For the price, you could go with those or the HKS coilovers. Both I'm sure will work out very well for you. While you are doing the sway bars, you will most likely want to replace the End links on the sway bars as they are prone to having problems in hard autocrossing with aftermarket sway bars.

Oh and MSRP on the RA's is 1710.00 and I could get them to you for about 10% off retail or so for 1530-1540 plus shipping. If you bought them all (The RA's, the ST Sways, and the Cusco's) I could work out somethin even better.

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
If you want to drive the car on the street then the RA's are not a good choice. The Flex are better designed for part street/part track use.

·
2,279 Posts
Speaking of Teins. I need those adjustment tools for raising and lowering the spring perch. Anyone got a source for getting just those?

·
Mazda Needs A New Heart
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Bishop92T said:
If you want to drive the car on the street then the RA's are not a good choice. The Flex are better designed for part street/part track use.
also why would i not want the RAs for the street? i do not mind a stiff suspensioned supra. that does not bother me one bit. but plz let me know

also trent when i get enough money i will let u know about everything suspension wise. k?

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
No, where did you get that information? You know Tein has a decent website with all kinds of information on it.

RA's are stiff. Flex are cheaper and soft enough for driving on the street. I also don't mind stiff suspension, but coilovers are a whole different world. The Flex on full firm can get annoying pretty quick driving on the streets, on full soft they are comfortable. The RA's will be much worse.

·
Mazda Needs A New Heart
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok so the flex is the way to go. and i got that info from a guy who had them on his ricin del blow.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Also with the Flex system, you can purchase the EDFC kit with it also that will allow full electronic control of the setup within your car so you don't have to adjust them with wrenches all the time. You can have immediate adjustment for the track and then can soften it all up as soon as you want to have a nicer & easier drive home.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
The RA's aren't really that harsh, just a little rough at low speeds. At higher speeds (60+ mph), things are smoother than they were with Tokico springs/Tokico TEMS struts. The system deals with high velocity dampening VERY well. The faster you go and the bigger the bumps get, the better they feel. I love them, but my car is far from a daily driver, so your opinion may vary.

The EDFC setup also works on the RA's too ;)

·
Mazda Needs A New Heart
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok so the EDFC does work on the RAs? good. thats a plus. but i only have 1 problem. i hate electronic suspension. i have had problems with it on my other cars b4 and dont like it really. but i mean if its not as bad as most think then i might have to try out TEINS EDFC

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
The Flex are adjustable by hand. If you want you could use the provided allen tool but it's by no means required.

You can't really compare the EDFC to normal electronic suspensions. I myself don't see the need to spend $300 on something I can do by hand in 60 seconds.

·
Mazda Needs A New Heart
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok now here is my next question. are the flex very competitive for auto crossing. i plan to be very competitive. so i just wana know if these are pretty much the best i can buy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts