Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at redoing my entire piping turbo back in 4" stainless steel. A while back, I saw a vid of someone who custom made a 4" side exit exhaust, but I can't seem to find the thread?

Can anyone help me, or offer suggestions on whether this would be a better or worse idea than simple redoing everything back to the rear bumper?

Thanks in advance

:)

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
sorry for bringing this up but i didn't want to make a new thread. well since the search function is not working, does anyone know about anyother threads where people have made custom exhausts? i'm looking at doing a custom 3" or 4" and just wanted to know what other people have to say. so if you know where to find those posts please let me know.
BTW, i'm bpu, would i benefit from doing a 4" or should i just keep it at 3?
thanks

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
supralover93 said:
sorry for bringing this up but i didn't want to make a new thread. well since the search function is not working, does anyone know about anyother threads where people have made custom exhausts? i'm looking at doing a custom 3" or 4" and just wanted to know what other people have to say. so if you know where to find those posts please let me know.
BTW, i'm bpu, would i benefit from doing a 4" or should i just keep it at 3?
thanks
Performance wise a 4" exhaust is not really going to make a difference. You *may* make like 5 HP more, maybe. Remember, you can't fit a 4" downpipe onto the stock twins either. If you have plans for a single turbo in the future, then a 4" exhaust would be good planning. Hope that helps.

Joe

·
Registered
133 Posts
there is a buy in the UK with a candy red supra running a side exit .. two of them actually out the rear left spat..

·
Registered
643 Posts
why go side exhaust?

our downpipe comes out pointing straight to the tail. so adding bends to make it go to the side would restrict airflow and increase turbo lag, no?

I guess if you have 800rwhp it wouldnt make a difference, but for us stockers trying to max performance out I think a straight back pipe would be best. :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
im going 3" x 6" oval off my t60... it is way overkill (1500hp overkill) but it has theground clearance of the stock exhaust and more internal volume han a 4.5" round pipe... best of all, its unique... 4.5" round downpipe to oval to 5" muffler...

and btw, i had a 4" from the twins out the back of the car... only took about $600 and an afternoon to build...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts