Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1993 Car
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to mate a V160 to a ford rear end and need a custom length driveshaft (non-supra application). I've already called DSS and their price was a bit higher than I was expecting.

What are my other options here? Does anyone else stock the parts to do this? Should I convert to a 1350 yoke?

I honestly don't know anything about driveshafts.

·
Registered
299 Posts
http://shaftmasters.com/

Email these guys and talk to them.

They made my 350z trans to ford rear end driveshaft for my 2jz miata and the price was VERY fair and far cheaper then I expected.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Buy the adapter. Goes from v160 to 1350 bolt pattern.
Then get whoever to make u a shaft.

·
1993 Car
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I already ordered a complete setup from Shaftmasters. I'm not sure if he'll use an adapter, but the gentleman I spoke with was certainly familiar with both the trans and rear I'm running and I'm comfortable with whatever he recommends. So far I've been extremely pleased with their CS skills versus the usual suspects.

I ended up going with a 3.5" aluminum shaft. My length was only 42.4375" so it should be pretty darn strong.

EDIT: The shaft shipped the day after I ordered it! I'm very excited...

·
1993 Car
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got this bad boy in the mail less than a week from when I ordered it. It looks fantastic, with a nice boot and clamps over the slip-joint.

I'll post some pics later (hopefully this weekend) once I install it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Glad you seem happy with the purchase so far!

·
IG UPDATES @ #BADMTHRFUKR
1,936 Posts
Post some pics up so we can check it out

·
1993 Car
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I forgot to take any on the car because I was running around, but it fit perfectly. The front flange mates with the V160, and the rear bolted perfectly to my Ford rear. It's a 3.5" alum tube, for reference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts