Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been waiting for someone to make a engine brace for our car,with no avail.I think Weapon-r came out with one,but the quality suck and cost way too much.
So I finally got off my ass and made myself one.
I made it from a Honda civic strut bar.Measured it to the right length,cut it and rethreaded the rod.The brace might look as if it is touching the turbo,but it is not,their is about a 1"space between them.
Feel free to comment.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Looks good, but just curious as to what advantages does this give you. Don't see these things very often.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It stops the engine from flexing under power,which help sending the power to the wheels.

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
ya bro,,,lookin good,,,now my Q would be,,,would just one side be enough???

·
Registered
166 Posts
Here's a thought...

Many members are interested in the "ebay" manis but there are a lot of questions about cracking and welds coming apart under the weight of the turbo and DP...

Do you think this mod would help take some of the stress off of the exhaust mani, therefore helping to prevent cracking of the welds, by taking off some of the stress caused by engine flex? Providing additional bracing for the "ebay" mani is still probably a good idea though.

Experts please reply! :)

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Having seen it in person, I have to say excellent work, Erven.

·
Medium Ballin'
3,024 Posts
DawgOnIT said:
Many members are interested in the "ebay" manis but there are a lot of questions about cracking and welds coming apart under the weight of the turbo and DP...

Do you think this mod would help take some of the stress off of the exhaust mani, therefore helping to prevent cracking of the welds, by taking off some of the stress caused by engine flex? Providing additional bracing for the "ebay" mani is still probably a good idea though.

Experts please reply! :)
Definately would.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
This is Peter Blach's, no room for it on the turbo side

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
VINZE,Thanks for the good words.

cwtt,Again thanks for the good words.

TT Tercel,Thanks again.

TaBooLeH21,Yes one side is good,the engine torques to the right.Peter as is on the oppsite side,on that side the engine pulls on the brace.

supralover93,Yes.

Mark 2JZ,My friend drove the car and he didn't noice any more vibaration than normal.Over the Apex-i ni exhaust and JIC-magic suspension.Plus the car need tuning.

Will2,Not at all.If you need info PM me. :)

DawgOnIT,I wouldn't see why this wouldn't help.I read on this forum alwhile back where someone had got an extract brace on the exhaust manifold,by the turdo flange and bolted it to the engine block.

Nick 95 6sp,Hey Nick thanks.How did to racing go?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts