Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
V A S U P R A S
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning on getting a custom exhaust system done, but i need to pick out a muffler. Just wonder what kind of muffler you guys use. I have a NA by the way.

Are the ones on ebay complete garbage?

Do they even make clamp on mufflers anymore?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Unless ur 100% sure ur gettin a name brand muffler off ebay then most likely it's complete garbage. I've read lots of post with people buying the cheap imitation and havin them turn out to be total garbage. As for me, im in the same boat as u, but im goin with SS custome exhaust with the Magnaflow muffler. My friend has the same muffler SS is sellin with their cat-back on his 300zx and it sounds great and performs great. He has the fastest ever stage 2 300zx. But thats just my .02 :biggrin:

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
alphaoenz said:
I would go pick up an Apexi replica off ebay for 80 bucks or so..
for a NA and even if you are lucky enough to find the 3in inlet ones.....they arent even that much like 60 for thr 3in inlet ones..and like around 30-40 for the 2.5 inlet which is what he would want.....

i showed you the ilnks jeff...... they are good mufflers......i have one and i love it......

·
5,467 Posts
i vote 2 or 3...im a fan of the burnt tip look so i would probably go with 2.... but 1 and 4 are awful IMO.

·
V A S U P R A S
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im getting a lot of #2 votes, this muffler is only like 27 $ and i have seen a similar looking one that is $150 and says its not crap like others... any thought on this?

·
5,467 Posts
all i can say about that is i bought one off ebay that was a knockoff and looks exactly like the apexi N1 only difference being the lack of the engraved apexi symbol...i have had no problems with it and it looks and sounds great....

i dont see a problem with it....

·
Registered
961 Posts
I ran a straight through muffler on my NA with 2.5" piping, no cats, no resonators.. holy shit it was loud... at WOT it sounded like a real race car, VERY mean.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
1 sux. 2&3 are good .. more modern. 4 has the best "class". IMO.

How soon are you loking to get the muffler? I may be selling my Magnaflow.

Did you decide on wat shop you want to go to? Did any of my info, from the other thread, help you at all?

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
a70
from what i heard from some people the fiberglass of some of the knockoffs on ebay start coming apart after months of use. i posted a thread about this about a month ago. i decided to go for a magnaflow muffler which is a bout $100-$130 since i' think i'll be keeping the muffler for awhile and don't wanna buy a new one each year. but this is my opinion so your choice to decide

·
5,467 Posts
supratkfy said:
a70
from what i heard from some people the fiberglass of some of the knockoffs on ebay start coming apart after months of use. i posted a thread about this about a month ago. i decided to go for a magnaflow muffler which is a bout $100-$130 since i' think i'll be keeping the muffler for awhile and don't wanna buy a new one each year. but this is my opinion so your choice to decide
granted i cant deny what youre saying because its not me... but for the record ive had mineand know of two others who have had theirs with NO problems whatso ever.....daily use basically and for more then year.....

just so he gets both sides :)

·
V A S U P R A S
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
stonedworm said:
I ran a straight through muffler on my NA with 2.5" piping, no cats, no resonators.. holy shit it was loud... at WOT it sounded like a real race car, VERY mean.
ok dude your scaring me. I would like a canister style, i still have my cat. Should i try and find an aftermarket resonator?

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
AWIDESUPIE said:
1 sux. 2&3 are good .. more modern. 4 has the best "class". IMO.

How soon are you loking to get the muffler? I may be selling my Magnaflow.

Did you decide on wat shop you want to go to? Did any of my info, from the other thread, help you at all?
I don't like being ignored. :D Here's the thread I gave the shop info in:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=157051

·
V A S U P R A S
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i havent decided on where to go yet. I talked to my friend (brian who lives in powhatan) a while back and he suggested the exact same places. We stopped by that Joe's corner place and there was this one mexican guy there that said the owner was on vacation or something. (this was a while ago). Im trying to decide now if its worth the trip to go there or if is should just go by my local tuffy

you said your may be selling your magnafow? just the muffler? or the piping too?

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
i personally like the JDM style one but am having trouble findin them..just my .02

1 - 20 of 30 Posts