Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
EFI Certified Tuner
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone pieced together or fabbed their own FMIC piping kit? I'd like to see what other piping methods have been used on the MKIV supra and SC300. Thanks in advance :).

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts

Here's mine. You'll have to use an electric fan kit and ditch the clutch fan.

·
EFI Certified Tuner
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
michaelvanle said:
I guess this is custom:
kbprice said:

Here's mine. You'll have to use an electric fan kit and ditch the clutch fan.
Can I see the pics from under the car and above from driver side of engine bay looking down? Also, KBprice, which electric fans did you opt for as a blow through setup for the radiator and have what temperature changes have you noticed?

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
dejacky said:
Can I see the pics from under the car and above from driver side of engine bay looking down? Also, KBprice, which electric fans did you opt for as a blow through setup for the radiator and have what temperature changes have you noticed?
I'm using the twin flexalites pullers. I've had the electric fans for 6 years now even before I went na-t so I really can't comment on what difference in temps they make. I do know that I run with the temp needle dead in the center of the gauge even in the middle of the Florida summers. I also just took it on a 4 hour trip to Ft Lauderdale,250 miles and it was in the center the whole time with the AC running.
Under the car may not come out so good though.

·
EFI Certified Tuner
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Has anyone seen any 2JZ-GE NA-T intercooler piping with a FMIC like this?:

This buick style FMIC could be mounted sideways (wihtout that silver duct) and since the inlet and outlet are on the same side, it would greatly reduce piping length, unnecessary piping volume, and cost. (this buick style fmic is a precision one rated at 750hp)

·
EFI Certified Tuner
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
toyotasupra916 said:
i dont that would work bcause of the headlight. unless u cut the metal
There seems to be plenty of room in my sc300 if you ask me :eek4dance :

No flash = bad image quality :rolleyes:

·
EFI Certified Tuner
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
toyotasupra916 said:
oh sorrie i thought that was a supra.
do you have any pics of the supra in the same area? i'd like to know if a 2.5in diameter pipe will fit the supra too. :coold:

·
turbo lexus pile
488 Posts
there are a lot of intercoolers that have both inlet/outlet on the same side, i almost went with one; the only reason i didnt is becuase i plan on using the dave H intake mani at some point. heres a pic of one:

:1poke:

:nutkickhi

·
turbo lexus pile
488 Posts
oh and about running it through the spot below the headlight that is how my IC is setup, out the turbo under the fan through the IC and up behind the headlight to the TB. seemed easier to route that way and shorter than going through fender.

·
EFI Certified Tuner
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
eblick99 said:
oh and about running it through the spot below the headlight that is how my IC is setup, out the turbo under the fan through the IC and up behind the headlight to the TB. seemed easier to route that way and shorter than going through fender.
Pics! this is exactly my goal :eek4dance

and btw, you just forgot to add the / in the ending

·
turbo lexus pile
488 Posts
treadstone IC's look as good as any and have a nice core, so i would assume they are good. I called vecco and asked and they are US made not using chinese parts. so its not like a $100 ebay IC. my car is going back together this weekend so ill get pics of the IC routing for you then, i got the front end in peices still.

oh ok i made it work now.

·
EFI Certified Tuner
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
eblick99 said:
treadstone IC's look as good as any and have a nice core, so i would assume they are good. I called vecco and asked and they are US made not using chinese parts. so its not like a $100 ebay IC. my car is going back together this weekend so ill get pics of the IC routing for you then, i got the front end in peices still.

oh ok i made it work now.
Piping pics?

I was thinking something like this with a vertical style intercooler:

·
Flame Thrower
961 Posts
I was gonna tempararily used two sets of stock side mount IC pipin just to get boosted then use the layout to make my own custom piping. And yes 2.5" piping will work because both Turbonetics and BoostLogic kits come with 2.5"piping in their kits that go through the fender!

·
turbo lexus pile
488 Posts
oh yeah heres those pics. sorry, my car looks like ass in pictures. shes not very photogenic. Shes cute in person though. :rolleyes:

·
turbo lexus pile
488 Posts
oh yea the turbo outlet, which isnt pictured cuz my turbo is still off, runs the same as in yur paint pic, down below the fender. I didnt feel like running it under the engine and moving all those radiator/AC lines. that would be a nasty production, so i just ran it behind the intercooler (in between radiator and IC). no it doesnt block airflow to the radiator.

·
turbo lexus pile
488 Posts
i used 2.5" from the turbo to the IC, then 2.5 inch again running from the IC up through the bumper, then it opens into 3 inch pipe up to the TB, just so u know what size i used. 2.5 was perfect, i think 3 all teh way wouldve been hard to run becuase of some size constaraints and the fact im lazy and dont wanna move any of the AC or coolant lines.

·
turbo lexus pile
488 Posts
actually i routed the IC pipe behind the radiator/in front of engine. still didnt move any lines, just ran it right next to/under the front sway bar, theres just enough room for 2.5" pipe.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts