Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Stock Twins King
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my new HKS polished intake pipe onto my drop down intake system. This system can only be done if you have a FMIC, because you use the area where the OEM IC used to be for the filter. I have a 10" K&N filter below. This prevents any engine heat going into the cold air intake. The actual cost is under $100 if you don't mind cutting into your car. It's a mod that you really can't reverse later.

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
That's a nice mod there. I was always wondering of a way to get the intake down there. I don't wanna cut up my car though.

It does look really clean though. Got any other pics like from the front of the car.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have an intake almost the same except pipe is aluminum the whole way from turbos into the fender well... Also, it has been sterling ceramic coated to not absorb heat from engine compartment... It really gets the cold air into the engine for sure!!!

·
Administrator
17,255 Posts
Stu has had a "cold air" intake on his car for years...he's just now improved on it. :)

Nice BLING BLING Stu! :D

Steve T.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
WoW that's an awesome intake mod Stu.
No more needing to take out the headlight at
the track anymore :D Question, what kind of cutting
was required for this mod?

TIA,

-PHu

·
Stock Twins King
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Here is a pic of what it looked like during the install. I did this when I installed my Greddy FMIC. Made it a lot easier to do. I used the Blitz SUS air intake filter ring, but eventually got rid of the SUS metal filter and replaced it with the K&N.

I also took a piece of sheet metal, and closed off all the vent fins that are on the back of the plastic shroud that are there to help cool the OEM IC. The intake is totally enclosed. The only air stream is right under the turn signal, and no way any water will get in there of any quantity.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Not to burst any bubbles - but SP sold these about 3 years ago for the single turbo kits... but still a cool intake none the less. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts