Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched a little, but didn't find anything. Has anyone done a write up on how to make the lower intercooler pipes? It doesn't look like there is that much involved. Right now i'm making my uppet pipes from crx intake piping. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
i have a custom lower intercooler piping ill try to get some good pictures of it but its on the car.

its alot harder then you would think becase of the suspenison bar (thing) that moves left and right, and then you have to deal with all the other piping around it like the lower radiator piping.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I made mine up using a cpl 2.5" ID mandreal 45deg sections. You can find them at any large truck parts/repair shop. I had to cut about 3"off an end but thats it. Not real sexy but works if your in a pinch. There is a shop that makes a lower set. Check supramania.com for details.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Take the stock one off and bring it to an exhaust shop and get them to replicate it in a larger diameter. I did my old ones crush bent so it was one piece, no welding needed.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Can u tell the difference when u replace the lower ic pipe to a larger diameter?

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Yes, my car originally pulled harder by just using a stock replica lower hard pipe, with stock ID piping.

·
Tired of being sexy
530 Posts
I had a muffler shop bend me a replica with some minor tweaks so that it would fit with my 90 degree coupler off my spearco. It cost me around $15, IMO much better than stock especially for the price.

Here is a pic (BIG)

http://students.washington.edu/pib/DSCF0026.JPG

I highly suggest you get some high a high quailty coupler with t bolt clamps. It was really annoying tightening it up and not something i want to do again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts