Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got some fuel rails made for our Supra NA 2JZGE. These custom made high flow fuel rails are made from high quality aircraft 6063 aluminum. Designed to fit the non turbo intake manifold. These large 1/2" ID fuel rails will give you more than enough fuel you ever need, and are designed to use with the small tip injectors (Denso/import type of injectors). These fuel rails also fit stock injectors. The rails have dual feed and center return using -6AN fittings. These fuel rails are polished and come with brackets and mounting hardware. Here are some pics of the fuel rail.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I'm very interested, but I do have some questions.

1) I believe the stock fuel rail is 10mm inside diam. Is 2.7mm additional ID that much of a benefit? Hmm... ((10/2)^2)/((12.7/2)^2) = 61.9% Yep... 62% more area should be plenty. Never mind...

FWIW, the stock fuel rail can be made dual-feed, center return. It's not that big a deal to tap a 6AN hole between 3 and 4. I've done it, and it works great.

[edit]
2) Can you bore the injector bungs in the rail for domestics?
[end edit]

3) Have you solved the problem of injector fitment in the intake runner? If you're running serious boost, those injectors need collars to prevent blow-by. The NA injector insulators are not the best choice.

Nice work... the rail looks great. What's the price?

-scott

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
Actually I think you both did the math wrong.

Motorhead did the the area percent of the 10 to 12.7
10/12.7 concludes that the 10 has 62% of the cross sectional area of the 12.7

If you flip the equation you will get the percent of the 12.7 compared to the 10
((12.7/2)/(10/2)^2)=1.6129
Meaning that the 12.7 is 161.29% of the 10
or it is 61.29% larger.

Basically the same as Motorhead; however the % increase in flow will be larger then % increase in cross-sectional area due to friction.

Are you going to sell any, if so how much?

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
i want one

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
motorheaddown - I don't know exactly how big the ID of the stock fuel rail is, but it definitely looks small through the injector holes, and not to mention it looks ugly as hell. I could make bigger ID fuel rails, but it would be unnecessary to go bigger. If you're making more than 1000hp then we'll take about going with bigger rail. Yet 1/2" or 12.7mm fuel rail will give you plenty of fuel for your Supra NA or NA-T.

Right now, I can only make the injector bungs in the rail for imports since most of the Supra NA-T's are still using stock fuel rails with imports type of injectors. I made the fuel rails like this so they don't have to change out for another set of injectors. They only need to upgrade the fuel rail, and reuse their injectors. I can make the fuel rails for domestics type of injectors if I get more interests.

Yes, I have solved the problem of injector fitment in the intake runner. The injectors fit good with no problem. I guess I should have taken a pic with the injectors intalled so you guys can see. I know those collars are needed if running serious boost, but not many NA-T is running serious boost, so it's up to the buyers if they want the collars with the rail or not cause those collars will add up the cost of the fuel rail. I can make the collars. It's not a big deal.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SupraGOM - I sent you a pm.

Guys, if you're interested in buying one. Please send me a pm or email me for price. I only have 2 rails in stock at this moment so first come first serve. [email protected]

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Here is a couple of pics of the fuel rail with injectors installed.

And here is a few pics of my works. They're distributor hole block off plate, and EGR block off plates. These EGR plates are for sale if you're interested.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Sent you email on the rail and distributor plate

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NCSUpra - Yeah, I have the cam and crank sensors setup. I just haven't made the brackets to mount the sensors yet. I have motorcycle coils and AEM EMS + C2DI.

kirkMKIV - pm sent.

WhiteBlazze - sent you an email back.

·
@turbolex.com
350 Posts
Please keep us posted if you make a bracket for the cam position sensor. Exactly what sensor are you using for it? I would be interested to do a cam upgrade. and lose the distributor.

-Derek

1 - 20 of 28 Posts