Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just trying to find the best bumper possible that will accomedate a nicely sized FMIC, better yet one with a space for an oil cooler. Function over form, as long as it looks good enough to function enough

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
2,995 Posts
meh i can't tell. I just hate those round foglights and holes in that style bumper on the mkiii. the car needs the sharp angles! If you want a bit more function just cut out the grilles

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You mean like this:

I understand what you mean by the holes, which is why on mine they are a bit more like a rounded out square

·
Registered
215 Posts
yeah that def reminds me of MAXX Autowerks

·
Captain Hammer
2,020 Posts
I dont know if I'd call that photoshopped, more like paintshopped.. =)

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,992 Posts
Actually it looks nothing like the maxx bumper but that's ok

It look more like the doluck bumper than anything, Because it has a MUCH smaller IC opening and has smaller foglights and closer vents than the max

The maxx has a 24" opening that goes all the way up to the top of the bumper with big ass fogs

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
upgradedsupra said:
My CFX nose does just that ;) Funtional and light weight. :) A lil different than stock. I assume your looking for something to make yourself...

Duane
Yeah, this obviously would be something completly custom, and like I've said everywhere I have someone locally who could do it. Sorry man, not a big fan of your bumper, which is why I've been working on my own, although you did yours for the same reason I'm doing mine, function.

Also, mine seems to make it look even wider than stock..just noticed that. Yes I did use photoshop, but I'm not the best at it, so I ended up doing it MSPaint style.
Supra Junky 101 said:
Actually it looks nothing like the maxx bumper but that's ok
So do you like it then? :p
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Coming back a few days later and still liking how it looks lets me know that this might not have been a spur-of-the-moment taste and I may actually eventually go through with it! So now, I dub thee the "Orion Technologies bumper" to go along with my product line that includes the "Orion Technologies hood", which would be a Top Secret style hood for the MkIII. WOW I'm such a nerd!!

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,992 Posts
"So do you like it then? :p"

Not my cup of tea, I have the maxx, for the sole reason that it was free.

CFX 89+ gets my vote, but my wallet tells me no.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
no no, its DEFINITLY a maxx evo knock off. you have useless foglight holes for Evo-style foglights which you will never use and have no business being on a supra. and those crecent shaped air inlets next to the fog light holes are DEFINITLY maxx-evo style. and the big square inlet is DEFINITLY maxx-evo style considering its engineered around their fmic kit.

dont even TRY to tell me that the paintshop bumper doesnt look like the maxx. im just not sure why we are tryng to make the Supra look like an eclipse... i think its retarded when people try to make their cars look like OTHER cars... like accords that look like skylines.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Because I wanted a functional front that didnt look too ugly :dunno:

As I said before, the openings could be used for the oil cooler. Sure, a foglight could go in there but thats not the purpose of it. Also, the opening on the MAXX front is too 'open' IMO. I'm not denying the fact that it does look like one, but mine is a bit more toned down IMO. Not trying to make it look like an Eclipse, just give it some change.

One way you could look at it is that the Evo bumper is based off of the Evo, a Mitsu, and the OT bumper is based off of the Eclipse, also a Mitsu. I wouldnt be surprised if the people who designed the Evo just modified the bumper a bunch and made it into the 2Gb bumper :dunno:

Also, I wouldnt actually go through with this probably, but I'd want to help my friend's buisness...he does carbon fiber stuffs and could do this for me in fiberglass or something.

·
Banned, jk lol
3,866 Posts
Looks kinda, ugh. I personally think that if you want a bumper that shows alot of intercooler, that you buy a Maxx front bumper.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts