Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after searching all over for a steal of a deal on a TRD wheel I figured it's just not going to happen. So, I've decided to make my own wheel. I have never done this before so this project could go either way. I will continue to show progress and would greatly appreciate anyone with knowledge to chime in. So...here is where we are at so far.

Stock ready for tear down...

With a little reshaping...

Pretty easy molding clay that air dries. It dries tough but still has a sponge like feel to it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I sense this is NOT going to be a simple deal..

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
^^ agreed... I am assuming that your doing this by hand. If you are, it is going to be extremly difficult to make the radius on each side symetrical, not to mention making the remaining contours even. BUT, I want this to work out! Def. a cool project!

·
Registered
116 Posts
cool idea. I give you props for taking on this project. Does not look easy but if it all works out, will be a great wheel.

·
Registered
786 Posts
what are you doing? you shouldve cut the stitched off and take the leather and purchase a large sheet of new leather, match it up, trim, restitch. wtf is all that mess

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking forward to the results man!
That's your wheel Logan lol

what are you doing? you shouldve cut the stitched off and take the leather and purchase a large sheet of new leather, match it up, trim, restitch. wtf is all that mess
I'm going for something different...

Thanks all I understand the hardest part will be symmetry. I'm trying to figure out a way to do one side and basically replicate with a mold but I'm stumped.

·
Registered
253 Posts
looks interesting, in for updates.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts