Supra Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Got another TRD wheel done for a fellow member and well known supra enthusiast!

20170731_162153.jpg 20170731_162141.jpg 20170731_162130.jpg 20170731_162037.jpg

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
This thread caught my eye again... Definitely going to pick one of these up this winter!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Updated the thread along with pricing! Here are some of the latest wheels I have done! What do you all think?

Sorry in advance for the bad photo quality.

image0.jpg image1.jpg image3.jpg image4.jpg

·
Registered
385 Posts
I sent Keith a 98 supra steering wheel along with a celica steering wheel airbag cover with everything except the airbag to be customized. When I received it I noticed that Keith had switched my back cover with what I assumed was a TRD back cover since it did not have the cruise control stalk cut-out nor was my cruise stalk in the box. I contacted Keith and let him know that I wanted my original back cover and cruise stalk. I shipped his back to him at my own expense and finally received one with the cruise stalk cut-out and cruise stalk. I finally got around to installing it and while putting the airbag back in I noticed that it wasnt my original wheel as this one had orange marker writing on it and it also was missing the horn spring that goes at the bottom of the wheel. I contacted Keith and he said he never takes the springs out so he told on himself right there. He switched my wheel with someone else's and now he wont reply back to me to correct his mistake. The wheel he sent me will not work with the supra airbag as there is not enough clearance for the bottom of the airbag cover to be used to blow the horn and the contacts will constantly make contact so the horn will blow all the time. The quality is great but its useless. Just wanted to let people know that if a problem comes up, Keith will not try to rectify it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I sent Keith a 98 supra steering wheel along with a celica steering wheel airbag cover with everything except the airbag to be customized. When I received it I noticed that Keith had switched my back cover with what I assumed was a TRD back cover since it did not have the cruise control stalk cut-out nor was my cruise stalk in the box. I contacted Keith and let him know that I wanted my original back cover and cruise stalk. I shipped his back to him at my own expense and finally received one with the cruise stalk cut-out and cruise stalk. I finally got around to installing it and while putting the airbag back in I noticed that it wasnt my original wheel as this one had orange marker writing on it and it also was missing the horn spring that goes at the bottom of the wheel. I contacted Keith and he said he never takes the springs out so he told on himself right there. He switched my wheel with someone else's and now he wont reply back to me to correct his mistake. The wheel he sent me will not work with the supra airbag as there is not enough clearance for the bottom of the airbag cover to be used to blow the horn and the contacts will constantly make contact so the horn will blow all the time. The quality is great but its useless. Just wanted to let people know that if a problem comes up, Keith will not try to rectify it.
How long has he had to reply?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I've tried to contact him through pm's with the first being sent around 2 weeks ago and I noticed he was active on here after that first private message so I have to assume he just doesnt care.

·
Registered
178 Posts
This ever reach a resolution? I was looking to get a my TRD wheel rewrapped by him but the fact this appears to have not been resolved has me hesitant.

·
Registered
385 Posts
No, I paid him through paypal and filed a complaint but too much time had passed (had to wait for him to mail my original steering wheel back cover and cruise stalk which took him forever) for paypal to do anything about it. Right after I filed the complaint he contacted me wanting to know exactly what was wrong with the wheel he sent me. I sent him pictures noting that he sent me a older celica wheel that would not work because the frame that holds the horn contacts sits up higher and when you bolt the airboag to it and tighten the bolts the horn contacts touch making the horn blow all the time. He sent me an email saying that all he could do is refund my money. I told him that would not cut it because that would leave me with a steering wheel that is useless and I would still be out my original pristine 98 supra steering wheel. I suspect that not long after we exchanged emails paypal must have contacted him to let him know that he wasnt liable to pay me back and I havent heard from him since. I'll pay him a visit next time I go out to CA and we will get some southern justice.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I would really like to get some work done on a spare 98 wheel I have - rewrap and bottom flatten. Anyone know other shops that do this kind of work ? Like others I was originally considering Keith, but this conduct and then ghosting like that means stay the F away ...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yeah, it's a shame too. He did great work but it is useless if he mixes up parts. The cruise stalk he sent me was much worse shape than my original too. When I fist received it back from him, he had sent me an airbag in it (I left the airbag out when I shipped the wheel to him). I mailed that back to him at my own expense and never even got a thank you for that. Where have all the honest people gone.

·
Administrator
8,755 Posts
Likely just using an alibaba contractor in China to make the wheels, sorry to see he didn't make the situation right.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts