Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a sub box to mount a 10" or 12" woofer in the stock sub location. I remember seeing a post about someone making them with 1.0 cubic feet of space and being available for shipment... anyone know how I can get one?

Also, what the largest speaker you can go with in the door position? Maximum depth?

Thanks!

·
Supra Huntin
39 Posts
a friend of mine made me a custom box, fits two(2) PPI flat piston 10's

box replaced spare tire..and the two side foam sections for the jack.

made of fiberglass for over the fuel cell and the rest is wood.. its stock height so the carpet lays right over it and no one can see the subs.

-Sin ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Before I left the stereo shoppe I used to work at (about 6 months ago), we were trying to figure out something to fit a 10" woofer in the back while keeping the spare and the top. Without cutting the floor out and welding in a box, it's not really a feasible. It's a pretty straightforward install to put 1 or 2 10" woofers, or up to 3 8" woofers in the spare tire well with a bit of fiberglass and still keep the top, though.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the stock sub enclosure is used as a structural member to increase lateral rigidity a la a rear strut bar. this is why rear strut bars have little to no effect.

·
651 Posts
Jim,
I am the guy who can build boxes for your Supra. Sorry for the long delay in responding.

I am able to build a box that holds most 10's and maintains all spare tire tools, tire and retains targa storage.

That box is $350

I can also build one for 2-8" subs that would be the same price.

I haven't built a box that would use 2-10's, keep the spare, tools and targa storage. That would be next to impossible in the rear area of the car.

I play around with the idea of losing the foam to the right and the left of the tire and maybe constructing a box there but I am not able to get the depth needed to still maintain targa storage.

I can build a completely stealth box that houses 3-8's, 2-10's, 3-10's or 2-12's (using the correct subs however) These boxes go down into the spare tire location and would have to be built of fiberglass. They are somewhat time consuming to build and would run $700 or so..depending on a few more factors.

I can and have shipped boxes to Supra owners all over the country. I have references and have done probablly more stereo systems in MKIV's than anyone in the country.

Might be OK to just call me sometime if anyone is interested.

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
wow post some pics Thomas Kenyon

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Thomas. Targa storage isn't an issue, because I never take mine off. I don't have the spare in the car either, and don't really need to. My one issue is that the side storage (jack and tools) areas have been eliminated and my roll bar extends to that area. I can take some digital pictures and give you an idea of what we're dealing with.

My rear seat no longer goes up, so I've been considering using the area under the folded down back for the amplifier and sub to keep all the hatch space available for "cargo". Has anyone replaced the rear seat with an enclosure?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thomas, do you have pictures of these boxes? I'm ready to buy, just want to see what I'm getting before making a commitment. :)

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts