Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where you can special order a sub box that is ported that will still allow me to use my trunk to hold my targa top?? i have a 1000 watt meph class d amp and 2 audiobahn 12qflame series subs any help would be nice.

·
Building, Not Dismantling
690 Posts
I have this one for sale. It fits perfectly in a hatch with all it's pieces left in there. It had no room to shift at all. And targa was able to fit just above it if need be. Fit perfectly behind back seat too

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am thinking about just building my own how would i go about making it ported correctly?

·
Registered
627 Posts
you don't have to make it ported, unless required by your subwoofer.

some are designed for sealed applications (most of them), some for ported, some for free-air, and most have a combination of 2 or 3 applications.

consult your subwoofer spec sheet, it should tell you what type of enclosure, how much air space (cubic feet) is required, and if/how to make it ported, and what size and length of ports.

personally i like sealed enclosures because they use less air space (smaller box) and they dig deeper in the lower frequencies. ported enclosures have a higher output then sealed, but it usually peaks at higher bass frequencies like 60-90Hz plus the box is usually around double the size. But for low bass extension like 20-50Hz you can't beat a sealed enclosure.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks man I am just learning all this stuff about subs so thanks i might just make a molded sub enclosed sub box then.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
im currently building my own box. i dont have any pics as of now. but then again, im not sure it will help you out much seeing you want room for a targa. nothing buy hardtop here.

if you still want pics LMK

·
Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
1,596 Posts
I'm considering building one myself out of fiberglass in the wheel well with a wood top. Here's a link I found on how to fiberglass: http://web.njit.edu/%7Ecas1383/proj/main/

I used to sell car audio and sealed subs always sound better in a hatchback. You can also get away with a smaller box with sealed subs.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Good luck with that, and please post pictures when it is done. I went with a single 10" to allow for a fairly simple rectangular box. And alow fitment of my Targa along with four cross overs and both amps in the trunk area.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have three 10" sony xplods in a custom box that allows my targa to fit in the hatch with the amp and everything but I don't have a spare tire anymore

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
xrated89 said:
I have three 10" sony xplods in a custom box that allows my targa to fit in the hatch with the amp and everything but I don't have a spare tire anymore
I don't have the spare either, but I do have AAA now :bigthumb:

Also, I think my single 10 might be able to handle more wattage than your three sonys. :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
I know I know everyone hates sony
I like them they look clean and will look good once my car is done
They are loud enough for me : )
+1 for caa/aaa
What kind of 10 do you have just curious

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
If you look up to post 14, you will see I Diamond M6. I also have four 10" Sonys sit somewhere around the house that I need to get rid of along with two Sony amps . ..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts