Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
T
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would post the pics on here but the images are a big large.

Had these done before the TX2K2 meet, but have not had any real time to get the pics on here for everyone to see.

These are the tails from Jeff's old car. Rajunz cleaned em up nice and we sanded em down and worked some of the imperfections out and repainted the rear end of the car. They look great and are bright as all hell! Ask Jeff, he was following me around during TX2K2. All four red lights and of course, the spoiler light come on when you brake!!! :eek:

Enjoy!
http://www.speedtoys.com/~suprasport/pics/tailscenter.jpg
http://www.speedtoys.com/~suprasport/pics/tailsright.jpg
http://www.speedtoys.com/~suprasport/pics/tailsleft.jpg
http://www.speedtoys.com/~suprasport/pics/Tailson.jpg

Oh and just to clarify...these are NOT light covers, they are complete replacements of the entire stock unit w/ a wiring harness built by master Jeff to plug right into the stock harness

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think that these tail light covers could ever come into production. I think there would be a market for them, as I have seem them a few times always custom made though.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I saw those when I was driving back from houston. Those are really amazing looking. Was there any cost from those guys, or just friendly courtesy. Looks totally individual. GREAT JOB!

T
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I believe Jeff told me it took him MANY MANY hours to complete this project and hell it took me quite a bit of time to get them the way they are now! If there was a way to make it more simple....hmmmm

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking in the for sale/wanted section of the site and someone said they would produce them if they could get the ones that were on a wrecked car in there....not sure what post it was, but the person was trying to sell the complete car...

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Note, these are not covers, these are new lenses implanted into the stock housing as base. It only 'costs' about $50, but it takes a few dozen hours of hand-work to carve em up carefully and hard-wire the lights. If you have some access to some good machine-shop equipment, you could carve the panels up faster.

Yes, I know they are not for everyone, have heard that before. Many of those change their mind when they see it in person. Looks bad-ass at night when on.

·
Beat the hell outta tu!!
1,061 Posts
Thats the way it was for me... I saw the pics of the tail lights when jeff had them on his old car, and I wasnt too impressed. However when I finally got to meet Jeff in person, after he moved to Austin, I saw the lights in person, and they look much cooler. I was very impressed.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Extremely superb job. You should be able to market those easily. I be if you post a set on ebay, you can rake in a bunch of cash for it.

Stan

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i said i that i would produce a number of the covers if the guy with the recked car would sell me the ones he has for an example.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hahahahaha

my tail lights are hot lol and please took me 2 hours not hard just need to be handy and i only have two light i hate the 3rd light i have a small reverse light post soon not a bad idea for $45

lam

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
would i be way off in saying they kinda remind me of an IS 300 ?

i think it is just me.

not to sound ricey and get flamed by everyone, but i think it would look nice if i had clear tail lights. Not altezza, the red spots would make me go nuts, i would have them all clear and then throw red bulbs in them.

anyone else with me ?

·
Registered
592 Posts
So all you did was cut holes in the factory lights and mount round lights? I was thinking of making some custom ones from scratch using the factory as a template. Then I saw yours, and then I noticed the brake lights on a big rig trailer today and realized I could make some like yours fairly easy(still alot of time involved however). Where'd you get the lights and what are they for?

·
I work on cars for free!!
503 Posts
NICE

Sweet man i love em, and dude whats the name of the color of your car its nice... :p

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
those lights look hot! but i got a 87', and im tryin to find new lights or covers for my car, cause the stock is butt ugly.. im not good at making this stuff myself, just got into this car stuff, but if someone could tell me where i can purchase some nice tail's, i would like that....

T
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Boy, it's been quite awhile since I posted that up here! Glad to know someone likes them. Anyhow, I absolutely love them. I just wanted something very original for my cars sexy ass!

And when all the MKIII's line up at a meet, you always notice mine! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts