Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dad had a customer today, came in with a RED TT 6 Speed Targa Top Supra and is looking to sell it! Car is COMPLETELY STOCK (including exhaust). Not sure what year it is, but its a MKIV with 55,XXX ORIGINAL miles.....problem is.....it has a salvage title. Car is pristinely stock, but was involved in accident. Don't know too much about the accident yet, but its for sure, a salvaged title

What would be a price for him to sell it at?
I wouldnt know since I have a VR4, so i figured id ask in this forum

thanks for any input!

daniel

·
Registered
559 Posts
A Salvage Vehicle is worth 1/2 the price of a Clean title......now this is a Toyota Supra so your gona get the 30% markup minimum on just the car alone. The car will sell for what someone will pay for it, keep that in mind

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
I would say, if it is in good-very good condition, around 25-30 grands. Given it is a 93 up to 95. If it is newer add some grands to that. If the condtition is rather fair it should be worth between 23-25 I would say.
But all these given that the former accident was repaired in a way that it is not noticable. If the paintjob etc. wasn´t performed well you can deduct maybe around 10-15% of the named values.
Just my 0.02

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
Well first off you need to find out why its salvage. how bad of an accident was it, where on the car was it hit and if anything else was done to it. Then you need to find out if the owner knows what he as in his hands, If he has any knowledge of his car and market then your gonna be paying more. If hes just some older guy that bought this car new and just wants to off it, then you might be able to score a good deal. Find out those things and you can get a better idea of what to offer him.

Heres what I would "GUESS" depending on those factors:

Small accident and knows about the Supra market: $20K to $23K
Small accident and does NOT know about Supra market: $12K to $15K

Major accident and knows of Supra market: $17k to $20K
Major accident and does NOT know about Supra Market: $8K to $12K

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
Well first off you need to find out why its salvage. how bad of an accident was it, where on the car was it hit and if anything else was done to it. Then you need to find out if the owner knows what he as in his hands, If he has any knowledge of his car and market then your gonna be paying more. If hes just some older guy that bought this car new and just wants to off it, then you might be able to score a good deal. Find out those things and you can get a better idea of what to offer him.

Heres what I would "GUESS" depending on those factors:

Small accident and knows about the Supra market: $20K to $23K
Small accident and does NOT know about Supra market: $12K to $15K

Major accident and knows of Supra market: $17k to $20K
Major accident and does NOT know about Supra Market: $8K to $12K
What would it matter if it had been a large accident of a small one? I salvage title is a salvage title. If it was fixed right it is fixed right. If not definitely stay away.

You are better off if it was hit in the rear and not front. It is harder to fix and line up the front after an accident then the front. IF EVERYTHING was done CORRECTLY, and the car is in great shape and there is no evidence that the car was in an accident, then I would say it is worth 3K-5K less than a comparable non-salvaged title.

With that low of mileage in a car that looks like it only has 54K miles on it, it should be worth between 25K-30K without a salvage title.

With it being in perfect condition I would say it is worth between 20k-25k.

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
I have a salvage title and fixed the car better then stock. Goes like hell daily. I would just inspect the damaged area and make sure it was fixed correctly and everything replaced. Especially for your safety.

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
the salvage title is usually more of a problem from a finance/insurance perspective..... if you have a cash (no finance) buyer it should not be an issue as long as you make them comfortable with the car via a thorough inspection and maybe a written warranty...

·
Registered
27 Posts
In my experience, I would not mess with it if there was major frame damage. It is so hard to get the chassis back to stock. I have seen many shops not do it correctly, and the car just never drives the same. Unless you are getting a great deal, I would forget about it.

Blk96SupraTT was pretty much on point with the prices.

·
Registered
839 Posts
keep the vr4 and make it a track car. the supra is a much better daily driver.
p.s. you will miss the traction. id say 25k$. even if it has a salvage title its still a supra and not all that many people would really give a crap. even a car with a clean title could've been wrecked

·
When cars say, "NO MORE!"
2,112 Posts
Sometimes a car gets a salvage title for reasons you wouldnt expect and other times its because the car was blasted in a wreck. Id get a good and trusted body guy to go over it before anything since an experienced person will easily spot repairs either good or bad. I wouldnt pay over 20k for it though. Its one of those things where you plan to keep the car and being able to get your money back from its sale are the last things in your mind. If thats the case, its worth more. In reality, it just becomes a personal preference...some people car others could care less.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I would look more into it. Give us some more info (if you're looking for a more specific dollar amount), cuz the numbers your getting are going to be all over the board. See if the car still have a salvaged title or was it repairable. Also, what was the quality of the body work done to the car. All that would be helpful in determining the price of the car.

~Asim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts