Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my idea is to get the BIC DDP and get a 3" Summit cutout, and then get the MacCord MPP2 for the cut out.

I was planning on putting the cutout at the very end of the DP and before the second cat (Turbo) but if I do that, and keep the original exhaust am I going to have to cut some of the original exhaust piping out to make room for the cutout?

Or should I just replace the second cat with the cutout all together and kill mother nature that much faster? :rolleyes:

I just looking for some advice on how to go about doing this, because I know by law Exhaust shops can't remove cats.

Thanks a lot.

_Ian

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Yeah just look a few threads down it's being discussed already.

Personal preference is a big thing with a cutout. I don't have cats on my current car (not a supra) and have my cutout back near the axle, but before the muffler. So it's open headers into a cutout when I want. Look at some of the pictures posted in the thread below and ask questions afterwards if you are still unsure.

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
It's not like you can't cut part of the end off of the DP either. Just cut as much of the DP as you need to fit the cutout portion and weld it in place, put the flange back on, and you're good to go. That's about what I'll be doing shortly.

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Some people make a bolt on testpipe with a cutout built right in, hassle free, pm me and I will get you in touch with the right people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.