Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find some input on this issue. The car has started acting up at around 20 psi, cutting out or breaking up...almost backfiring. It just started today and when it happens there seems to be some smoke coming from the exhaust and the wideband shows it goes pretty rich but it feels like boost is bleeding off and the car starts bucking pretty violently so I get off the gas of course and the it drives just fine. There are no CEL but it almost feels like a maf issue or something.
Any ideas on where to start looking ? Ive checked over the boost hoses and there is no vaccum leaks.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
MKIV TT 6 Speed
1,488 Posts
Sounds to me like a ignition issue, you might have a burnt out spark plug. Check them first and if that is the problem change to a Iridium spark plug. If the problem still occurs post back and we will trouble shoot the problem. Most likely by what you are saying it the plugs.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I will double check the plugs but they are almost brand new with maybe 1,000 miles on them.
I will post back.

·
Registered
477 Posts
The above suggestions are a must to check. Before your spend the money on a DLI (you'll eventually need one but....) check for boost leaks. I had this same problem at the track and it wasnt a problem until full boost. I found one hose off and connecting it back up fixed the problem.

·
Something cool
670 Posts
20lbs BPU is a-lot. What are your mods and gas you have??? What kind of wideband??? It's either detonating or your ignition.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts