Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys, I really want a kick ass a/v setup... but since I just dished up the $$ for my Supra, I am VERY limited to $$ for the Head Unit.. I will have to use my PS2 as a CD / DVD player until I get enough $$ to get the DVA-5205.. but my question was that see my friend has the CVA-1005 + DVA 5205 and believe me it is AWSOME.. if I had the money I would go with the new kenwood, but I dont. So what I am saying is how good is the quality of the 1003 vs the 1005.. because if there is a lot of difference then I will dish out the exter $150 for the 1005 instead of the 1003.. but I like the detachable face on the 1003 and the fact that you can see / tune the song you are listening to without having the screen up once I get the DVA 5205 or CD Changer..

Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, hows Panasonics new DVD / Screen / CD player, now this might fit my budget

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CVA-1003

CVA-1006

Basically it comes down to expandability, the 1003 is quite limited in the amount of options you can ad to it. So if you’re planning a large system now or later, do not go with this unit. It will hinder you, in you options, and to get some of the bigger options will require some neat work with an av switcher and your av/tv controller.

The 1006 is a much better unit for add-ons; yes a little more expensive but worth it in the long run.

There is no real difference in the quality of the screens. If you have any more questions just post.
Jakub

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I am leaning toward the Panasonic, because you can turn it left or right and the in the Supra, I heard that its a lil hard for the passanger to see the screen on the alpine.. plus the panasonic is cheaper and an all in 1 unit

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man, I like the Panasonic one too, has a lot of options and the price is right, I like how you can swivel the tv from left to right. The screen looks to be a pretty good size too 7" Im gonna look into it more, Jakub any info on this one??

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well here you go, here are the specs. on it. But i have not seen the actuall resolution of the screen I would like to see how it looks.

Car Dvd(CYVMD9000) Features :

7 inch (diagonal) 16:9 wide screen color monitor
High definition 336, 960 pixels LCD panel
Motorized open/close, flip up/down, front/rear positioning and left/right swivel
Selectable 5 tilt angles and 2 horizontal positions with memory
Manually adjustable left/right swivel angle
One-touch tilt for easy access to air conditioner, etc.
TFT active matrix LCD drive
L-shaped cold cathode fluorescent backlight and anti-glare coating
Selectable Display Modes: NORMAL, FULL, ZOOM, JUST
Automatic dimmer or 4-step manual dimmer(Note: Position “REAR” and tilt angle “5” cannot be selected at the same time.)
DVD Video, Video CD and Music CD playback
Slow, search and other basic playback operations
Built-in MPEG2 video decoder
High-precision D/A converter (96kHz/24bit)
Ultra-miniature dual-focus pick-up
Anti-Shock Memory and Floating Mechanism
Automatic Disc Loading
4-digit ID code security
On-screen menus and user setup display
Multi-function joystick on front panel
Beep on/off
Full function AV remote control
Hideaway junction box
VTR-in (RCA x 2) for additional audio/video source
VTR-out (RCA x 1) for rear seat monitor
Audio-out (RCA x 1)
Digital audio output (optical x 1) for upgrading to a surround system
RGB-in and speaker-out
RM data terminal for additional DVD player control

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CY-VMC7000U

CY-VMD9000U

The panasonic is a nice unit. Most competitors usually don't use them though, they seem to have questionable reliability. But I have yet to see many complaints.

So far the to most common are:
1) it is fully motorized, (CY-VMD9000U) there for be careful and do not try and play with it when the car is in motion. They can handle the bumps okay, put not any pulling or pushing beyond acceptable levels this goes for both units.

2) The unit can not be flush mounted, as it comes from factory, they both will stick out, in an around a 1”-2”, give or take a bit (depends on the mounting kit and bracket). To flush mount the unit will require an actuator driven mounting kit, which will have to be of custom fabrication.

Other then these both units seem to find their customers well. Although they are not too cost friendly, they are nice.

There are a lot of differences between these two units, the CY-VMD9000U is bay far the superior unit. The diffs are, CY-VMD9000U has dvd, motorized and a better screen, when compared to CY-VMC700U, plus a few other features.

Just remember to go around to your local shops, and check out the units, to see what they look like, then choose what best suits you for your given budget. More questions, just post.
Cheers,
Jakub

·
Crazy Member
281 Posts
I've heard mixed reviews about the Panasonic models. The Alpine 1005 and 1006 are awsome units due to Ai-Net bus and all the available features. With respect to SQ consider the Eclipse 7002 units, the screens are only 5.9" but SQ, reliability, and resolution is awsome... and it has swivel feature... and a bus system with a wild dvd player available. I think you cannot go wrong with Eclipse. but then again I am a bit biased...

Cheers,

Bartel

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What elcipse models should I be looking at and what dvd player, also what are the approx prices on these units?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MarksTTSupra said:
What elcipse models should I be looking at and what dvd player, also what are the approx prices on these units?

Eclipse

Most of the MSRP ar on their sites, but expect to pay anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2. Usaully the indash units run a fairly high dealer cost, but not too bad. Let me know what you need.
Jakub

·
Registered
442 Posts
Panasonic cy-vmd9000 Dvd In dash screen WILL NEED A tu7000 or tu9000 Brain units to be able to give you am fm Tuner options. Otherwise you will have to use the unit as Dvd/Screen only. Requiring a nother source unit to be fed into. One of which brains will also give you Dolby digital processing built in for about $200 - $300 more. These units have in my Opinion better picture then the 1005/1003/or the iva-c800. But the SQ on the 1006/iva will be better taking advantage of alpine 4Volt pre-outs. OH BTW 1006 Is XM Sattellite compatible (supposedly).

So when you price these units make sure to price the seperate brain as well.
Drop me an e-mail if you need a price quote shipped.

Nazar

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How is the Pioneer AVX-P7300DVD with an A/V unit.. but remember 1 thing.. this is goin in a Supra, and the dash is angled toward the driver and I need something to swivel to the right so the passanget can see too.. I heard of some people complaining that since the Alpine did not swivel that it was hard for the passanger to see.. I would just go ahead and order the alpine, but then it would be a problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts