Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used these? Having a hard time actually sitting the motor in with the angle of these I have a 87 mk3. Any info is much appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
11,197 Posts
Can you post some pics of exactly what's going on? I know those CX brackets have been fussy in the past.

Personally I've never seen them used successfully in an 86-89 without cutting/modding, so I fear you might just be SOL unless you want to swap to an '89+ subframe. The engine bracket and mount angle is different between those year ranges and I've never understood how the CX mounts could work on both and still work well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you post some pics of exactly what's going on? I know those CX brackets have been fussy in the past.

Personally I've never seen them used successfully in an 86-89 without cutting/modding, so I fear you might just be SOL unless you want to swap to an '89+ subframe. The engine bracket and mount angle is different between those year ranges and I've never understood how the CX mounts could work on both and still work well.
I’ll have to get some when I get back in town, after I purchased them I started reading about that. What engine mounts would be my safest bet?

·
Registered
Supra MA70 1990
7 Posts
You could go for some cheap ebay brackets & they fit perfectly as long as you're installing them on pre-89.
If you're selling these cxracing mounts i'm interested.
I’ll have to get some when I get back in town, after I purchased them I started reading about that. What engine mounts would be my safest bet?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts