Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Banned
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever used these products? I see them sell on ebay and stuff. Personal experience with them? I met some fools that run a shop in LA, and are sponsored by them. Have a sick its71mm 1jz mkiii and a 1.5jz sc300 i believe. All CXracing parts on their cars. And those things held their own at the drift track. So I might start using these products. Just wanted some people to know if they were ever curious about them.

· Banned
2,113 Posts
I know the owner of CXRACING. I have bought Intercoolers, Radiators from him but I guess they are just like any other Ebay product. They work and are a cheap replacement but not sure how efficient they can be and reliable as well.

The owner is really cool too, he has his own fabricators who build him all the manifolds and turbo kits he sells. He told me if I ever built something custom to take it to him and he can have it replicated and give you money for the design.

· Registered
1,151 Posts
I bought their 3" intercooler piping kit on ebay. They were 2mm thick and the guy who tig welded the pipes together said they were of excellent quality. I don't know about their other products, but I would recommend the pipes.

· Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
6,330 Posts
ive seen thier intercooler core in person, awsome, very very surprize. i would use one for sure if on a budget, welds look great and the guy said he pressure tested it but i forgot what psi it was.

· Registered
532 Posts
CXracing makes make good shit. I run their 4" core and 3" piping. Two weeks ago It was a little hot 93 degrees and humid ass hell. We were tuning the car and doing 153mph pulls and my log showed temps to be from 96-114 degrees. Humidity made it feel like it was 110 degrees. I know a fwd DSM that ran a CXracing core for a few years and he was putting down a good amount of power running 8.99.

· Registered
616 Posts
new guy here

I bought a supra tt at the auction and it did not have any of the piping for the intercooler ,the previous owner took all the piping , boost controller and unfortunatly I really dont have much money now , so I am left with getting a cheap intercooler kit from ebay , I wanted to see if any one can help me with the size and which piping should i get as far as the angles and stuff ,also any recomendations on boost controllers and BOV would be really appreciated ,thanks also any other ideas would be great too ,this is my first turbo car

· Registered
196 Posts
I bought a supra tt at the auction and it did not have any of the piping for the intercooler ,the previous owner took all the piping , boost controller and unfortunatly I really dont have much money now , so I am left with getting a cheap intercooler kit from ebay , I wanted to see if any one can help me with the size and which piping should i get as far as the angles and stuff ,also any recomendations on boost controllers and BOV would be really appreciated ,thanks also any other ideas would be great too ,this is my first turbo car
If you are keeping the stock twins. A ebay intercooler core from CXracing should work out fine with some 2.5" IC pipes. Like a 24"/12"/3" should be fine. Their should be IC piping kits on ebay as well, but I dont know about fitment issues as I have always got mine custom made. A greddy profec II MBC should work out. They run about 350 bucks. I have a synapse BOV and love it, I have also used the Greddy typeRS and it was a good BOV..

· Registered
11,706 Posts
I have a set of hotside piping that will fit a 24X12X4 intercooler...should save you some money.

Jason

· Banned
567 Posts
I'm a direct vendor of CX, i use alot of their rads and intercoolers. Even installed 4 of their turbo kits. The kits are pretty good. We had an issue with the welds on a couple manifolds, but they sent us replacement manifolds, so we'll see how these replacements hold up.
As you said, intercoolers, piping and rads are things that are hard to mess up, so thats why I wouldnt pay more for anythign other than a CX rad or intercooler. The manifolds, we'll see. Everything else in the kits was pretty good. Fitment was near perfect.
If you guys ever need any CX stuff, I bet I can get if for you less than on Ebay

· MKIII Owner
291 Posts
I'm a direct vendor of CX, i use alot of their rads and intercoolers. Even installed 4 of their turbo kits. The kits are pretty good. We had an issue with the welds on a couple manifolds, but they sent us replacement manifolds, so we'll see how these replacements hold up.
As you said, intercoolers, piping and rads are things that are hard to mess up, so thats why I wouldnt pay more for anythign other than a CX rad or intercooler. The manifolds, we'll see. Everything else in the kits was pretty good. Fitment was near perfect.
If you guys ever need any CX stuff, I bet I can get if for you less than on Ebay
i'd like a price quote on a intercooler and pipe kit. i've read and read and read all kinds of feedback on ebay and they say the fit well while others are just terrible and don't bolt up at all. so i read this and saw good things. is there any welding involved to get it to fit as some say or is it easier than that?

· Banned
567 Posts
It woudl be best to PM me about that. I dont recommend CX's intercooler and pipe "kit" for the SUPRA. Because its "universal" and the piping's fitment is god awful, you'd have to cut alot of the pipes to make them fit right. Now they have intercooler & pipe kits that fit good for other cars, just not the MKIII. I actually sell GodSpeed as well and they have a really nice bolt on intercooler & pipe upgrade. Straight bolt on very easy to do because its made SPECIFICALLY for the MKIII, its not "universal". PM'ed you about GodSpeeds

· 2JZ S13
2,670 Posts
i have a CxRacing radiator for a 240sx and it seemed to work very well for a few months, then i had it out of the car doing a motor swap and when i put it back in it doesn't seem to keep the car as cool, i'm trying to find a few other things it could but it is ok, if/when i have the cash i'm going to be upgrading to a Koyo or something along those lines.

I also have there overflow tank, and it worked great,fitment was ok at best, but then all of a sudden the sightglass broke on it and i called CXracing and the guy who spoke very poor english didn't understand what i needed/wanted. so he said i will call you back, 3 months later no call.

i wouldn't run any of there stuff anymore.

· Registered
73 Posts
ive got the t61 bolt-on turbo (ct26 replacement) and its work great so far i have run 11 psi for 7000 km,

now its running 19psi

it starts spooling around 1900rpm and around 3500 it kick ass

i have

aem ems
3" elbow
3" costum exhaust

· greasemonkey
3,340 Posts
ive got a cx racing mk3 aluminum radiator. only thing i didnt like about it is the mounting points on the top where the mk3 upper radiator mounts fit on wernt welded on straight. ill prolly cut them off and reweld them. the 24x12x4 i/c i have and the 3in aluminum piping kit i have seem fine. a friend has a cx i/c kit on his toyota truck with 7m swap using the 2.5in piping. had it all custom welded. works great.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.