Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke a valve spring in my Supra, and i was thinking about having the entire head ported, polished, and totally redone while I'm getting the valve spring fixed. How much power do you think that I could get from doing this? I don't have any future plans for modifications and my car is completely stock, I was just wanting to get a little more horsepower from it. BTW, it's a 94 N/A auto.

Thanks,
Jason

R

·
0 Posts
Without supporting mods, you most likely won't see much gain from doing this. I'm doing this but I'm also going with oversized valves, an intake cam, cam gears, crower springs/retainers, and ported/polished intake manifold and tb. Also I have the XERD header. But as far as your car goes, you may or may not get anything.

Ryan

R

·
0 Posts
If anything though, you may get some gas mileage because of less disturbance in the head.

Ryan

·
all motor baby!
410 Posts
It's certainly not the most cost effective modification and given that you have no plans to do anything to the car, I wouldn't bother.

BUT:

If you really had hundreds of dollars burning a hole in your pocket that you just had to get rid of, (short of giving it to me :D ) I would concentrate on a light port on the exhaust side. It is restrictive - I have posted the flow data to demonstrate this before.

Cheers Dave.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts