Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke a valve spring in my Supra, and i was thinking about having the entire head ported, polished, and totally redone while I'm getting the valve spring fixed. How much power do you think that I could get from doing this? I don't have any future plans for modifications and my car is completely stock, I was just wanting to get a little more horsepower from it. BTW, it's a 94 N/A auto.

Thanks,
Jason

G

·
Without supporting mods, you most likely won't see much gain from doing this. I'm doing this but I'm also going with oversized valves, an intake cam, cam gears, crower springs/retainers, and ported/polished intake manifold and tb. Also I have the XERD header. But as far as your car goes, you may or may not get anything.

Ryan

·
all motor baby!
410 Posts
It's certainly not the most cost effective modification and given that you have no plans to do anything to the car, I wouldn't bother.

BUT:

If you really had hundreds of dollars burning a hole in your pocket that you just had to get rid of, (short of giving it to me :D ) I would concentrate on a light port on the exhaust side. It is restrictive - I have posted the flow data to demonstrate this before.

Cheers Dave.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts