Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a pic cause I'm stupid and forgot to take one. Opened up a 2jzge. 6th wasn't firing. Plug was burnt, piston was clean. It probably got to hot, the water runs between back two clynder ports were clogged, the back two.

Towards the bottom of the stroke, there is a ring indent in the cylinder. Deep ebough to fit abit of your finger in there, kind of goes around the whole wall, it's deeper on one side than the other.

Any idea what would cause it? Block pretty much fucked?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It seemed pretty deep to be able to bore or hone it, but I might be able to get free labor to fix it if possible and just put in bigger rings. However GE blocks are like 200$ Lol.

Well if I get them all bored 40 over I'll half almost a 3.1L ;)

Hope it's not awful then, the engine was running pretty well even without that cylinder firing.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've seen some pretty messed up cylinders clean up with 20 over. Weisco sells 30 over pistons also. When I got my car originally it broke the rings on 2 cylinders and there was aluminum melted to the wall and 20 over cleaned it up haha. A machine shop should be able to tell you what's what. Getting a block bored is usually only $150 bucks or less

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you just get bigger piston rings or will it require new pistons?

Yeah looks like I'll be able to get free labor but if I'm going ot buy new pistons and all that mine as well just get another block.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts