Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I completed an install of a MHG, 550's/lex/walbro and plugs. When I started up, it ran really rough, and I found that cylinders 1 and 3 were not firing. The plugs fire and injectors were tested by RC before shipped. I tore apart the engine again to find what's going on. Here are some things that were sugested to me by a mechanic, that I'm looking at.

Would an incorrectly installed HG cause just 2 to not fire?
Could I have installed the cams on the wrong sides? Is it possible? Are they labelled?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Cams would not cause disability of electrical misfire. You couldn't mistake exhaust cam for intake because it wouldn't fit so that part of the assembly should be cool.
HG can't be installed wrongly, not as far as fitment anyway. Even so, that wouldn't be a detriment to spark.
If you are sure your plugs are firing, chances are you have a faulty coil pack. There are 3 of them. Each fires 2 cylinders. Maybe you might have inadvertently broken a wind on that particular coil. Either that or the feed for the inactive coil has been interupted. That's the only way that I can think of that would suddenly disable spark to 2 cylinders.
I would point to plug wires but again it would seem strange that those 2 wires went out at the same time.

hth

·
Registered
689 Posts
a mechanic suggested those 2 things and thats the best he could come up with?? :wtf:

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Check the plugs gap. You might have a simple blowout. Coilpacks can't be wrong. If the coilpacks were bad number 6 and 4 wouldn't fire aswell, they're paired remember ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input...

I thought these suggestions were kind of strange, so I wanted to make sure before i went too far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts