Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea...im tryng to tow my car from basically tulsa back to dallas and i still havent found a stable person with a stable ride to help me get her back...i wanna bring my mkiii home so bad....but looks like all im working with is my 01' 4 door mirage...if i take off the back bumper...and stramp my supra to the mirage frame and try to tow it...do you think the mirage cold pull it off???....sounds dumb...but what other choice do i have?....im only 18

·
Search
3,303 Posts
there is a member on the sogi list who just had his car towed rear end down and it fuct up his diff.

Keep that in mind.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
why did it fuck up the diff on the supra ya think?
...how far did he tow it?

well hold on...mine wouldnt be only on the back to wheels...it would be on all wheels....im towing it with a mirage and my homeboy will be sterring te supra....im was just wondering do you think the mirage could handle the job?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i mean...what other choice do i have....my mom wont rent me a car...she hates the car and thinks im wasting my money on it...im only 18...and i cant rent a truck....do yall have any other suggestions?

·
Registered
493 Posts
You dont have any buddies with a truck that will help you out if you throw them a few bucks and pay for there gas?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
non iof my friends have trucks really...i know people who do have trucks...but their not willing to help me...they wont help me cause they dont have a hitch and they dont want to strap it to their frame.....i could get a flat bed...but what would tow it...i still wouldnt have a truck

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
uhhhhhh dude. a Flat bed is a tow truck with a flat bed rather than draggin the rear.
gotta pay to play man. Sorry to say. Hope it works out for you

·
Registered
100 Posts
well, it the only reason the people you know with trucks aren't willing to go tow it for you is because they don't want to strap it to their frame, then go rent a u-haul thing that is specifically for towing cars (sprry, i forgot what the name of that thing is), strap that up to the truck, and hook it up to the supra...my brother and i have done that many times before...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well alot of them dont have hitches to....i guess they plan also dont want to help...cant find good friends these days....i really only have one friend that is helping me because he knows the importance of the supra...not its worth to me....but the name supra and the impact it carries...shit im prolly going to try and do it with my mirage then and hope it makes it back...

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
DrumnBassBBoy said:
well hold on...mine wouldnt be only on the back to wheels...it would be on all wheels....im towing it with a mirage and my homeboy will be sterring te supra....im was just wondering do you think the mirage could handle the job?
That's retarded dude.................... :wtflol:
What happens if/when you have to slam on the brakes? This is a disaster in the making. Just be patient and wait until you can find someone with a hitch and then go rent a car dolly, do it right or not at all. You will be putting yourself, your buddy and everyone else on the highway in danger.

·
Matthew 6:33
887 Posts
Highway patrol would have a blast seeing you towing a supra without a tow bar or trailer.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
DrumnBassBBoy said:
i fuckin took off work and am only getting 22 hours this week compared to my ussual 28...ill be damned if i do jack shit on sunday...plus i dont get my car....it will get here!
Well you could do us all a fovor...........................sell the Supra! :sadwavey:

You sound like you're fucking 14 years old throwing a temper tantrum because you can't get what you want!

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
my brother and his friend drove 800 miles from roswell NM, to Calorado springs up and down hills in a 91 eclipse gs to go pick my brothers car he was buying up (91 talon tsi) and they started coming back and the clutch went out 80 miles from where he bought it. they bought a tow rope and towed that shit the rest of the way up and down hills. my brother in his car steering and the other one driving. they drove about 9 hours going 80+mph on the highway. never got pulled over or anything. nothing goy fucked up either. i think it might be alright if the car is turned on but not started in nuetral.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts