Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As anyone would be, when i first heard the name D2 i was a bit skeptical. It was a company i never heard of, and didnt know what to expect. However, i was drawn to take a closer look by the details they provide.
This coilover system is 32 way adjustable. You can make the adjustments right through the top of the coilover
with an adjustment tool they provide. This suspension also has Preload, Rebound, and compression adjustment.
The coilover is also made out of aluminum which means it is lighter than alot of its competitors.
With that said, I was back and forth trying to make up my mind if this was the suspension for me.
Their representative from their US location by the name of Michael could have not be easier to deal with.
He was able to answer any question I had and was a pleasure to deal with.
When I wound up ordering this coil over system it was on back order. The ETA was 2 weeks. Once 2 weeks was up Michael had still not recieved his shipment from their warehouse outside of the US. To satisfy my needs he overnighted
it to me from out of the country and I recieved it the next day.
When I finally recieved the coilover system I was pretty impressed. The finish was very nice, anodized purple with black springs. I immediatly started installing them in the car. Installation took a couple hours. I didnt run into any problems and everything fit great. Now i was ready to take the car for a spin. I started off on the Softest setting available. The softest setting
is still harder than stock suspension but not that much harder.
At first, the suspension was a little bouncy, but after breaking it in i couldnt be happier.
Just this past weekend I took the car to HIN in boston. I drove the car all the way to Bostom from NYC.
The coilovers held up great and performed great on the parkway.

Overall I was very pleased with D2's product and in the near future will most likely buy another set of coilovers from
them for my wrx. The quality of their product was great, It fits my needs, has a variety of adjustments
and the ride was decent.

These coilovers are also very reasonably priced which is great for people trying to save some money for
other mods. Although the price didnt affect my decision, all the adjustments and options they offer did.

Overall I'd give D2 and A+, and would reccomend their product to anyone looking for a reasonably priced coilover
system with a variety of adjustments.

Any questions feel free to ask
Thanks,
john

·
3,466 Posts
I was actually going to get some D2's with the 240 group buy. They are definitely a good product, height adjustment independent of spring perch, 32 way adjustable, etc, etc.

Who did you end up going through? I believe there is only 1 US distributor, AFAIK.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well that 1 us distro is working on getting dealers throughout the us. My friend became one of the dealers, thats how i originally found out aout the suspension. However, I wound up going directly through their US location with Michael.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts