Supra Forums banner

What is your RWHP (daily driven) on pump gas? Methanol and N20 okay.

Votes: 13 14.1%

Votes: 14 15.2%

Votes: 12 13.0%

Votes: 17 18.5%

Votes: 14 15.2%

Votes: 13 14.1%

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 3 3.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have your cars running at 600 rwhp or greater on an every day basis? Basically pump gas and regular street tires (no DR's). I guess N20 and Methanol can included as daily equipment too as some people might have one or both to control detonation and/or add some power.

Basically looking for what hp the car is set at to drive to work or whatever on a daily basis. Not dyno day setup or drag/street racing setup.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I voted...614whp on pump gas for me.

Mystic, was that your viper posted for sale on ebay? It lookes badass...everytime I see a GTS ( especially a turbo or supercharged one) it makes me want one! Did you ever sell it?

Brett

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
hey man..abt 550 is abt all u need to take care of daily killings....on weekends is when the real beast comes out!!...

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
550 is when I run out of meth, 615RWHP or so is with methanol and 1.7BAR. Actually need to check it on the new turbo but it ought to be about the same give or take. No longer quite as daily a driver as it was though. RLTC is a MUST and so is DRs and YES you can daily on a set of Nitto DRs in the rain or whatever - it's fine.

BTW - I'm pondering a secondary fuel system to be phased in under boost. Imagine having C16 levels of power full time but only using it when needed. Can you say full time 700+RWHP capability? VERY doable with a little work and an AEM :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Question for everyone posting 500 +.

How many miles a day do you drive your car? And is this your only car or do you drive a second car when the weathers bad?

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Was my only driver. I was driving it 40+miles a day. I am now driving a 10AE Miata daily to get the Supra off the road some. A total repaint after being trapped in a hailstorm and then getting rearended sort of ticked me off. Daily for nearly 3 years...

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
straight6 said:
I guess N20 and Methanol can included as daily equipment too as some people might have one or both to control detonation and/or add some power.

Why is N2O and Meth. considered acceptable as daily equipment and race gas isn't??? That makes no sense to me at all.

Brad

EDIT: I got carried away, so deleted some of my post....sue me:p

·
Super Moderator
10,208 Posts
Re: Re: Daily driven (pump gas) RWHP poll

banton said:
Why is N2O and Meth. considered acceptable as daily equipment and race gas isn't??? That makes no sense to me at all.

Brad

EDIT: I got carried away, so deleted some of my post....sue me:p
Good question. I'd like to know as well since I never put 91-octane pump in my car. Always 100 unleaded or higher.

Ken.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
350-400 ....i feel wimpy compared to you guys :p

Ken - i love the new sig but its killing my computer, everytime i try to scroll past it it really slows down my computer, my computer normally is really fast and i never have problems like that? is this only happening to me or other people too? :(

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Daily driven (pump gas) RWHP poll

KenHenderson said:
Good question. I'd like to know as well since I never put 91-octane pump in my car. Always 100 unleaded or higher.

Ken.
I agree. Spraying meth and water is the same as using race gas. I definitely wouldnt boost 28 lbs without it. The only difference is that I spray on demand so my meth lasts longer than a tank of gas. Its just more convenient.

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
:cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I figured N20 is just another power adder that can be used daily (it is in fact my only one) and as far as the methanol I figured it is more of a modification to the car. Technically speaking if you agreed to run someone on pump gas (as has happened to me) the methanol would be a viable option in that situation. Plus from a daily cost standpoint there is no comparison.

·
Super Moderator
10,208 Posts
straight6 said:
I figured N20 is just another power adder that can be used daily (it is in fact my only one) and as far as the methanol I figured it is more of a modification to the car. Technically speaking if you agreed to run someone on pump gas (as has happened to me) the methanol would be a viable option in that situation. Plus from a daily cost standpoint there is no comparison.
No disrespect intended, but pump gas means pump gas only, IMO. Adding nitrous or methanol changes the equation. I thought the idea behind your poll was to see what kind of power people were putting down using pump gas, not pump gas plus methanol, xylene/tuolene or pump gas plus nitrous. I mean, where does it end? I purchase Unocal 100 unleaded at the pump. That is the lowest octane fuel that goes in my car. By your reasoning, it does not count because of cost even though I get it at the pump.

Cost should not be a factor, as it differs from region to region and country to country. Europeans pay as much for pump as we pay for race fuel. If you want to limit your poll to 91-94-octane pump fuel only, that might tell you what I think you want to know.

Ken.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I added the N20 because I had a buddy of mine who has the stock twins with N20 and I believe was boosting them to 18-19lbs which he said was nearing the limit of their reliability so he added a 125 shot of N20 to get him over 550 at the wheels. Car trapped high 120's where he said a strong running BPU twin car would only trap mid 120's but at high boost 20+. He said that the turbos would not last long at those levels though and like the added torque down low of the N20 too. When I add race gas to my car I am going out hunting usually. Daily driven though I run 93 octane but always have the bottle heated up ready to go. Figured most of the Supra's out there that had nitrous would do the same.

Looks like the majority of the responses are 600 or less. Most were in the 400-500 range which is good. Trying to figure out of 600 to the wheels would handle most of the daily driven Supra's I might run into during the week and it looks like it will.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Almost any car making serious power without DRs/ET streets (even domestics) is pretty pointless.

straight6 said:
How many of you have your cars running at 600 rwhp or greater on an every day basis? Basically pump gas and regular street tires (no DR's). I guess N20 and Methanol can included as daily equipment too as some people might have one or both to control detonation and/or add some power.

Basically looking for what hp the car is set at to drive to work or whatever on a daily basis. Not dyno day setup or drag/street racing setup.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Oh yeah, I agree with Ken. If you're concerned with pump gas only, you should also rule out the other power adders. You can get premium fuel all over but getting a nitrous refill or leaded fuel isn't easy to get.

·
Former Moderator
3,783 Posts
straight6 said:
I added the N20 because I had a buddy of mine who has the stock twins with N20 and I believe was boosting them to 18-19lbs which he said was nearing the limit of their reliability so he added a 125 shot of N20 to get him over 550 at the wheels. Car trapped high 120's where he said a strong running BPU twin car would only trap mid 120's but at high boost 20+. He said that the turbos would not last long at those levels though and like the added torque down low of the N20 too. When I add race gas to my car I am going out hunting usually. Daily driven though I run 93 octane but always have the bottle heated up ready to go. Figured most of the Supra's out there that had nitrous would do the same.

Looks like the majority of the responses are 600 or less. Most were in the 400-500 range which is good. Trying to figure out of 600 to the wheels would handle most of the daily driven Supra's I might run into during the week and it looks like it will.
I would honestly never run nitrous on a Supra on pump fuel, especially not a BPU car.

-Olivier

1 - 20 of 22 Posts